Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - WEDNESDAY 21 AUGUST 2024

2 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Unfortunately one set of the four pylons not working! I do wonder though if the other three would have actually given off sufficient light to have played the game though!

Fortunately, Truro first team weren’t playing this evening. Have the floodlights ever been used before tonight ? ie training, in-house match.

18 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Fortunately, Truro first team weren’t playing this evening. Have the floodlights ever been used before tonight ? ie training, in-house match.

Pretty sure they would have been fully tested and signed off after installation (seem to remember seeing pictures of them working). Just plain unlucky I guess, the only saving grace is that it didn't happen after a team had made a long journey for a midweek NLS fixture.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - WEDNESDAY 21 AUGUST 2024
1 hour ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Penzance come from a goal behind too score twice and defeat Wendron United 2-1 at Underlane.

Get in there!

Decent game with two sides trying to play football the right way on an excellent surface in typical Wendron weather.

Both should do well this season. Charlie Willis and young left wing substitute Curtis the pick for Penzance with I believe Silas Sullivan scoring the first goal but just as importantly keeping the dangerous Josh Wood quiet.

Reece Carroll, Joe Chapman and Brodie Kemp caught the eye for Wendron.

A dominant 2nd half down the slope, and with the wind, eventually saw Penzance deservedly take the points reversing a first half deficit courtesy of a Ryan Reeves goal for Wendron.  Winning goal for Penzance coming from Charlie Willis who looks capable of playing at a higher level, as does Lewis Caspell who carried the ball strongly all game and kept possession well.

Should be an interesting season with these two sides alongside Dobwalls and Liskeard all in the mix for the chance to play at step 5 next year.

Great game to watch for a neutral in conditions that got more difficult as the night went on. Wendron pitch looked fantastic. 
I thought the first Penzance goal looked offside but take nothing away from them,  no doubt that on the night they deserved their win particularly for their second half performance. 

Both teams look like they will be in the mix near the top this year.

12 hours ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

These things happen, initial teething problems which I am sure will be overcome, good crowd I understand!

I agree Charlie Willis is good enough for a higher league i thought he had when he played for St Blazey last week and was given MOM .i first saw him when he was playing for Mousehole and i thought he was class then .

Going to be a good season for both PENZANCE AND WENDRON going to be a interesting season but still think its going to be NEWQUAYS season and got JBE to come into the team yet and a front 3 of PRICE ,McCONIE and JBE will take some stopping 

13 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I agree Charlie Willis is good enough for a higher league i thought he had when he played for St Blazey last week and was given MOM .i first saw him when he was playing for Mousehole and i thought he was class then .

Going to be a good season for both PENZANCE AND WENDRON going to be a interesting season but still think its going to be NEWQUAYS season and got JBE to come into the team yet and a front 3 of PRICE ,McCONIE and JBE will take some stopping 

Callington have already shown the rest that Newquay are not this unbeatable force that everyone is going on about - The leagues wide open this year, Holsworthy taking points off of Liskeard, Penzance taking points from Wendron - its going to be interesting, but far too early IMO to be coming up with title favourites.

16 hours ago, Richard R said:

Not a good look in front of the league chair and secretary.

Doubt very much anything will be said about it. 

Might show up on an episode of Cowboy Builders though. 

4 hours ago, CornishCrypto said:

Callington have already shown the rest that Newquay are not this unbeatable force that everyone is going on about -

With respect, I think it's just 1 person promoting the 'unbeatable' fantasy.

18 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Unfortunately one set of the four pylons not working! I do wonder though if the other three would have actually given off sufficient light to have played the game though!

Maybe it was that expensive 'West End Priced' barista coffee counter Truro introduced. Probably draining the local grid.