Cornwall Football Forum

LEAGUE RESULTS - Saturday 24 August 2024

• Dave Deacon changed the title to LEAGUE RESULTS - Saturday 24 August 2024

Harrison and I took the trip down to Sticker today hoping to witness Bude pick up their first points of the season. We were not disappointed. 

Bude missing 3 or 4 players were forced to name coaches amongst the subs, however fortunately for them (and possibly us) they weren’t required 😉. The hosts took an early lead as the initial shot was pushed onto the post however his teammate reacted quickest to smash home the rebound. It would be easy for Bude heads to have dropped as they haven’t yet got the rewards they deserve so far this season, however it just seemed to spur the visitors on as they went on to dominate the half played against a quite strong wind. They got a reward for their effort as Reeves nipped in to score from a delightful in-swinging corner. Bude doubled their lead as Dyer went one on one with the keeper and finished beautifully to ensure the visitors took a lead into the changing room at HT. 

The second half as Bude kicked with the wind was more even, however there was chances for both sides in a really entertaining game. Sticker getting back on even terms with a close range finish, which with better defending might have been avoided. As the match swung from end to end, Bude worked the ball well up the park and Box found space around 20 yards from goal and smashed a beauty into the top corner. Sticker weren’t finished though and had the ball in the net in the final minute. However it was ruled out for a foul on the keeper. I’m not sure if it was a foul or not but speaking to Liam Dart after the game, he seems to think it was punched into the net by a Sticker player. Regardless of why it was ruled out, it meant Bude went up the road with 3 points and they can be really pleased with the all round performance. 
One slight negative was the amount of bookings. There was perhaps 2 late tackles in the game, yet there must have been a dozen bookings. It got that bad, I thought Harrison was in danger of picking up a yellow card at one point. I don’t like to criticise the officials, but this ref was OTT with the bookings imo.