Bishops Cleeve    1-0   Bemerton Heath Harlequins
Bristol Manor Farm   4-1    Bideford
Falmouth Town   3-3   Willand Rovers
Melksham Town   3-3   Exmouth Town
Mousehole   2-1   Malvern Town
Shaftesbury   0-2   Evesham United
Tavistock   3-0    Larkhall Athletic

Parkway 0 Winchester 3. 
raced over to bolitho after watching Argyle in the pub.
Well the less said about the parkway performance the better I think .  In  all honesty is was men against boys in the first half, And Winchester could have been 6 up without really breaking sweat it was that easy.  The defending was Sunday league at best the 2nd goal was comical .  2nd half Winchester seem to take the  foot off the gas and parkway looked a little more settled  , and it was a much quieter half .  Definitely looked a bit better when Matt  wright come on to add a bit of a Target up front.  but it was very very  poor and you do worry about them this season.  .  
Massive game Monday now against Tiverton who also seem to be struggling. 6 pointer already .  
One positive the pitch looked excellent best I’ve seen it in ages hope it holds up. .  

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 24 August 2024
16 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Parkway 0 Winchester 3. 
raced over to bolitho after watching Argyle in the pub.
Well the less said about the parkway performance the better I think .  In  all honesty is was men against boys in the first half, And Winchester could have been 6 up without really breaking sweat it was that easy.  The defending was Sunday league at best the 2nd goal was comical .  2nd half Winchester seem to take the  foot off the gas and parkway looked a little more settled  , and it was a much quieter half .  Definitely looked a bit better when Matt  wright come on to add a bit of a Target up front.  but it was very very  poor and you do worry about them this season.  .  
Massive game Monday now against Tiverton who also seem to be struggling. 6 pointer already .  
One positive the pitch looked excellent best I’ve seen it in ages hope it holds up. .  

Watched Chris McPhee's post match interview, and it sounded like the side fell apart after conceding through an early individual mistake. Quite a few raw youngsters in the side, but also a lot of experience.  Luke McCormick, Shane White, Mikey Williams, Ryan Brett,Rio Garside and subs, Callum Hall and Matt Wright have a lot of games at this level and higher. They should have been able to pull the team together after a setback. 

The manner of the defeat must be very concerning for the Bolitho faithful. Big reaction needed at Tivvy on Monday.

2 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

Watched Chris McPhee's post match interview, and it sounded like the side fell apart after conceding through an early individual mistake. Quite a few raw youngsters in the side, but also a lot of experience.  Luke McCormick, Shane White, Mikey Williams, Ryan Brett,Rio Garside and subs, Callum Hall and Matt Wright have a lot of games at this level and higher. They should have been able to pull the team together after a setback. 

The manner of the defeat, and the reaction to it, must be very concerning for the Bolitho faithful. Big reaction needed at Tivvy on Monday.

All have been great players  but yesterday a few were looking their age with a fit a young Winchester team ran riot.  Even Mikey Williams who been a legend at the club was looking leggy. It reminded me of when you see Argyle pre season take on parkway the  gulf in class was scary . 

I’m not sure the back 4 are working  and They miss Ryan lane massively. 
I do think they have enough to stay up but I think it could be a long season when they come up against the top clubs. 

17 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

All have been great players  but yesterday a few were looking their age with a fit a young Winchester team ran riot.  Even Mikey Williams who been a legend at the club was looking leggy. It reminded me of when you see Argyle pre season take on parkway the  gulf in class was scary . 

I’m not sure the back 4 are working  and They miss Ryan lane massively. 
I do think they have enough to stay up but I think it could be a long season when they come up against the top clubs. 

There does seem to be a reluctance from the management to experiment with setup. Of the 4 substitutions, only one of them was like-for-like in terms of player positions, however they never once strayed from their 4-3-3, and just moved players around within the system to fit in the substitute. Whilst I appreciate versatility in a player, there is an element of them having built a squad full of players who are jack-of-all-trades and masters of none.

14 hours ago, tfenlon said:

There does seem to be a reluctance from the management to experiment with setup. Of the 4 substitutions, only one of them was like-for-like in terms of player positions, however they never once strayed from their 4-3-3, and just moved players around within the system to fit in the substitute. Whilst I appreciate versatility in a player, there is an element of them having built a squad full of players who are jack-of-all-trades and masters of none.

I can see what he trying to implement but he hasn’t got the squad he needs to do it. and certainly not that entertaining football at minute .
Goals worry me. Going to massively reliant on Dylan Jones again who still only young and in his 2nd season in this level.