Perranporth   4-2   Falmouth DC
St Erme & Godolphin   6-0   Mullion 2nds
St Ives Mariners   2-3    Goonhavern Athletic
St Keverne   3-0   Penryn Athletic 2nds

DIVISION 4 WEST
Mawgan       4-3    Newlyn Non-Athletico 2nds
Troon 2nds   4-2   Probus 2nds

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Sat 24th August 2024 fixtures

Dropship , have acquired a good lease , over Rosudgeon ! Two great pitches, nice clubhouse facilities and just off the A394 between Penzance and Helston. It will be interesting to see how far they go. Beware other teams in Division 2 West,  this season!

19 hours ago, Bobby Thomas said:

Dropship , have acquired a good lease , over Rosudgeon ! Two great pitches, nice clubhouse facilities and just off the A394 between Penzance and Helston. It will be interesting to see how far they go. Beware other teams in Division 2 West,  this season!

Yes the have got good facilities behind them now, the first team has always been strong working there way up the lower league with players dropping down from a lot higher league to make this happen. Stidwell was with Mullion first team last season i believe.

Its crazy though at that standard, and ruins local football.  Look at the future for any kids coming into football, a very talented 16/17 year old could challenge himself with Falmouth/Helston/Mousehole or they could take the easy route and play Div 1/2 local football and get the same money.

11 hours ago, Bezza101 said:

What laughable is you guys haven’t got a clue. 

Keep spouting nonsense it’s great to read. 

Ruining local football. Give your heads a wobble guys. There are plenty of sides ‘paying’ their players, I can name loads. 

I doubt 16/17 YO would gets into Helston/Mousehole/Falmouth otherwise they’d already be there. 

Loads of 16/17 YO in both Dropship squads aren’t there 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Nonsense, so their are loads of clubs paying? At Dropships standard? When a player drops 3/4 leagues when his team from last season stops paying money and his ex Coaches confirms he gets more at Dropship that is crazy. My point is they won't be there if lower league teams offer more money.

12 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

Is this actually true or just because teams are successful they are accused of paying players?Id like to see proof because stupid lies and jealousy also ruin local football

Dropship are an ambitious club who have stated they want to climb the leagues and become as big as your Helston/Falmouth and Mousehole which is good to see but by them always denying that money isn't used is ludicrous. 

Ur using a players ex coach to confirm rumours.well thats it then Local football is ruined.ive just had a look at dropships social media which is as good as anything Ive seen befor especialy at that level maybe because they are ambitious they are doing things the right way and thats what interest the players.where do they play as I might go and watch them 

I know no one’s asked for my opinion on this topic, but i do find it really interesting that Dropship can attract quality players who have played at a higher level but it does ask a lot of questions. However the argument of it ruins local football I can understand both of how it does and doesn’t. It’s basically like Manchester City winning league 2 really no one really cares about from the players and fans of the club. 

Money side of things it’s really just laughable it’s bottom tier level of football, I mean if someone say I’d get paid £100/+ a game I’d be stupid to say no. I have no idea how the clubs run it’s only rumours

Credit to where it’s due they have worked from the bottom and are building their foundations winning numerous amount of trophies and now have a clubhouse/ground to continue building/winning. Give it 2 more seasons and they will be at a respectable level for their respective ability knowing they want to push and achieve higher. 

Looking forward to reading any replies on correcting me on what I’ve said wrong (or right if anything) 

Have a nice day :) 

On 01/09/2024 at 09:49, Bezza101 said:

Hi bud

We play out of Rosudgeon and you’re more than welcome to come along and watch. 

you’ll find the home fixtures in full time, Liam, first team captain has said if you come up and watch, make yourself know to him as always eager for a chat on how the clubs doing 

AGAIN

Head to the parent website

www.dropship.co.uk

You can then see how everything is

I’ll say again, the club do not pay. We don’t even charge entry to watch. 

Wish people would get their facts right 

So if your very creative you can make lots of money in a closed group?

The FA Guide for Payments to Contract and Non-contract Players can be found in the League Library on the Full-Time home page.  It's five or 6 pages long so I'm not going to reproduce it here.  In addition to that there are two further things for clubs to consider.

1.  HMRC:

image.thumb.jpeg.d68549ec3ac5813cda456b1b71eb47f6.jpeg

2.  Payments by third parties (from the FA Governance Department):

If payments from a third party are in relation to playing for the Club then the payments are not permitted under FA Rules. 

Contract Players: 

C20 All payments made to Contract Players, whether under a Playing Contract or otherwise, must:

C20.1 only be made by the Club and be fully recorded in the Club’s accounting records; and

C20.2 comply with any relevant tax legislation.

Non-contract Players:

C51 All payments made to Non-Contract Players, must:

C51.1 only be made by the Club and be fully recorded in the Club’s accounting records;

C51.2 be made to Non-Contract Players gross, before deductions for all applicable taxes; and

C51.3 comply with any relevant tax legislation.

If payments are in relation to a sponsorship agreement between the player and the third party then the payments are a matter between the player and the third 
party as the payments do not relate to playing for the Club but promotional activity by the player.  The player should be declaring the amounts paid to HMRC. 

The league cannot and will not monitor any payments by member clubs to their players, it is not within our remit.  Any suspected or known breaches of the above should be reported through the appropriate channels.

i'm led to believe they're getting money from the website / owner of the website by 'dropshipping', effectively they can either design something or buy things to then resell and make profit. so maybe a creative way around the tax man? 

either way i dont think its sustainable, and lets be honest as soon as resudgeon want to enter a men(s) team again it'll cause some major issues down there. their club is still scattered around playing out of various pitches and i dont see the bigger picture at all with the way they're doing things. 

looking at their website they play out of rosugeon and there kids play at holmans. I wouldnt say thats out of various pitches.i also think that all this stuff about paying players is speculation because noone has said anything that makes sense.yet you go on the sponsor website and it tells you clearly how the people could earn money. it looks like if you are a member of the football club you can go on the design & earn thing the logo is on there kit. so looking at it players dont get paid for playing football but they could earn money by working for the sponsor company if they are a part of the club, which id imagine they will declare to tax man if they have too I dont know if theres a certain amount that you can earn before you do that. this isnt different to anything ive seen before, I know a few company bosses that pay their players who work for them an extra £1 or so an hour in there wages to play football. thats been happening since I can remember. so within the space of 5 minutes I can understand what they might be doing.paying players at this level is not sustainable for a football club especialy one with no visible income surely thats enough to see that this club isnt paying there players, yet they can earn money via the company behind them.i say well done for having that initiative and well done, if there players can earn money doing self employed work, well done.because I for one can barely afford to pay my bills because of the costs so if going to dropship means they might be able to support there family better, good on them.

it is getting boring reading about rumours and specs;ation taking up space on here when all I want to do is read match reports 

1 hour ago, BrummyBarry said:

looking at their website they play out of rosugeon and there kids play at holmans. I wouldnt say thats out of various pitches.i also think that all this stuff about paying players is speculation because noone has said anything that makes sense.yet you go on the sponsor website and it tells you clearly how the people could earn money. it looks like if you are a member of the football club you can go on the design & earn thing the logo is on there kit. so looking at it players dont get paid for playing football but they could earn money by working for the sponsor company if they are a part of the club, which id imagine they will declare to tax man if they have too I dont know if theres a certain amount that you can earn before you do that. this isnt different to anything ive seen before, I know a few company bosses that pay their players who work for them an extra £1 or so an hour in there wages to play football. thats been happening since I can remember. so within the space of 5 minutes I can understand what they might be doing.paying players at this level is not sustainable for a football club especialy one with no visible income surely thats enough to see that this club isnt paying there players, yet they can earn money via the company behind them.i say well done for having that initiative and well done, if there players can earn money doing self employed work, well done.because I for one can barely afford to pay my bills because of the costs so if going to dropship means they might be able to support there family better, good on them.

it is getting boring reading about rumours and specs;ation taking up space on here when all I want to do is read match reports 

Can’t be that boring if you’re willing to write all that out and read all the previous message it is a forum which is an open discussion why anyone (myself included) can post a topic and reply to ones. 

Kind regards 

2 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

Well done Brummybarry simple business model, It's not difficult to see what we're doing at Dropship, it's advertised all over our shirts and not hidden.

Yes I agree it's getting boring but I'm sure we will talk about it some more the in future. Lol

4 hours ago, Kevin Fisher said:

Well done Brummybarry simple business model, It's not difficult to see what we're doing at Dropship, it's advertised all over our shirts and not hidden.

Yes I agree it's getting boring but I'm sure we will talk about it some more the in future. Lol

are you the chap who owns dropship / dropshipping?!

On 03/09/2024 at 10:56, Kevin Fisher said:

Hi Kevin, I'm not up with modern day technology and business, to old school I'm guessing.  From what I can see and gather for myself is that you have a business which a closed group e.g. Dropship players can make an extra income from being creative on your website and by doing so can make themselves extra money? Please correct me if I've misunderstood. 

Think I'm right in saying their ladies train at Redruth Albany as well.

My only bug bear has always been that they got all these teams before they got a home. Now hopefully they have a home? Good luck to them even if they did pay their players. Remember back in the 80's half of Penryn worked at WC Rowe. And at one stage they had 4 teams all top of their leagues.

Is their model sustainable! Only time will tell

So you have already signed Stidwell from Mullion first team, Allen from Penryn and now Cornish from Falmouth town. I’m sure all these guys are signing because they fancy designing a couple of coasters! Is strange why you never see any of the players on here confirming they are not being paid 🤔

Regarding “ruining local football” I have heard of players refusing to play for a team in division 2 because dropship are in that league and they would rather not play at all. Make of that what you will 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, G2DO said:

Regarding “ruining local football” I have heard of players refusing to play for a team in division 2 because dropship are in that league and they would rather not play at all. Make of that what you will

I find that a pretty poor decision by any player!

9 hours ago, G2DO said:

So you have already signed Stidwell from Mullion first team, Allen from Penryn and now Cornish from Falmouth town. I’m sure all these guys are signing because they fancy designing a couple of coasters! Is strange why you never see any of the players on here confirming they are not being paid 🤔

Regarding “ruining local football” I have heard of players refusing to play for a team in division 2 because dropship are in that league and they would rather not play at all. Make of that what you will 🤷‍♂️

You can make a lot of money from coasters and tea towel designs. 🤣

Next season when Dropship move up another league and you see 1 or 2 players who drop down a few leagues to play for them like this season,who then have to travel 20 miles to play for them, it's all for the Dropshipping (coasters,mugs,tea towels) is the way forward.  🤣

Just been informed by a younger membof my family that Kai Cornish played at Helston first team then moved to Falmouth first team, please Bezza /Mr Fisher why would a play drop that many league down, please dont say its because he wants to be part of your journey.

9 hours ago, G2DO said:

Next season when Dropship move up another league and you see 1 or 2 players who drop down a few leagues to play for them like this season,who then have to travel 20 miles to play for them, it's all for the Dropshipping (coasters,mugs,tea towels) is the way forward.  🤣

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Think you’d be surprised how much Coasters, mugs and tea towels can make when advertised and sold online 😂. I played football for 20+ years and I know plenty of teams and managers who have paid players directly, indirectly or even through employment, it’s not new and you won’t stop it. Dropship are building a club from the bottom up and have high aspirations, you can’t build a successful club if it doesn’t progress through the leagues as quickly as possible and as Dropship have to advance 1 league at a time unfortunately teams of lesser quality will suffer along the way. Dropship would do ok in the St Pirans Prem right now but obviously you can’t just let teams just leapfrog leagues. I’d argue that the front 3 of Tyler Prescott, Dan Stidwell and Connor Hurrell ( Kai Cornish , Paul Roberson and Toby Webb also when available ) is better than nearly all attacks in St Pirans Prem  

1 hour ago, Lifeintheolddog said:

Think you’d be surprised how much Coasters, mugs and tea towels can make when advertised and sold online 😂. I played football for 20+ years and I know plenty of teams and managers who have paid players directly, indirectly or even through employment, it’s not new and you won’t stop it. Dropship are building a club from the bottom up and have high aspirations, you can’t build a successful club if it doesn’t progress through the leagues as quickly as possible and as Dropship have to advance 1 league at a time unfortunately teams of lesser quality will suffer along the way. Dropship would do ok in the St Pirans Prem right now but obviously you can’t just let teams just leapfrog leagues. I’d argue that the front 3 of Tyler Prescott, Dan Stidwell and Connor Hurrell ( Kai Cornish , Paul Roberson and Toby Webb also when available ) is better than nearly all attacks in St Pirans Prem  

Yes I agree they are looking to get up the leagues as quick as possible, but as a club nobody gets paid to play is what they say, but why would a young player like Kai Cornish play 3/4 league below his standard? Yes lots of teams hand out money to get the best team but I'm not sure why teams also deny it when it's pretty obvious they are getting something.  I'm glad Mr Fisher liked your comment but not able to answer my question. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yes I agree they are looking to get up the leagues as quick as possible, but as a club nobody gets paid to play is what they say, but why would a young player like Kai Cornish play 3/4 league below his standard? Yes lots of teams hand out money to get the best team but I'm not sure why teams also deny it when it's pretty obvious they are getting something.  I'm glad Mr Fisher liked your comment but not able to answer my question. 

The simple answer is they DONT get paid to play football and that’s the truth. Some players I believe do work for the company which is all above board and taxed. In this day and age earning extra money where you can is a must for some. Obviously some will hate because being successful always attracts it but in a few years when they reach their level and sustain it all the hype of how they got there will be forgotten. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Splashing cash at low level football is harmful 

So what if they are I dont understand the obsession if a team wants to pay its players.the team have said they dont and I for one believe that over the stupid rumours which always just seem bitter.even if they did pay players can you blame the players with costs how they are now?they seem to be a good club and have teams at all levels could it may be that it is actually a good club and people might just want to play for them.i dont get the fascinating on them you dont even see this scrutiny in the other topics 

10 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

@Dave Deaconcan I request a separate page on the forum for those that want to talk about drop ship because id much rather read reports and Im sure all this is putting others off posting.it is ruining every post topic 

I see you've made one 😀! Nice try, however having considered it, I don't think it's really necessary. 👍