Cornwall Football Forum

Sat 24th August 2024 fixtures

40 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

I hope things change for you pitty as noone likes to see teams facing challenges that aren't on the pitch if that makes sense 

I think this is a bit of a one off we have been pretty good for squad size for both sides since the start of the season just a few unfortunate injuries and unavailability for this particular weekend

1 hour ago, Pitty said:

Hi Dave I’m away but have spoken to our Club Secretary who is also the 2nd team manager

1st team had a 2pm ko (cup game v Dropship) 2nds kicked off 30 min later for a league game both at home.

1sts have been hit hard with injuries last couple of weeks I think we have 3 going through the insurance route (for what it’s worth) due to broken bones

At 1345 when the 1st team sheet is due they had only 7 and the 2nds were scrambling around to get more players with a bare 11. By the time the 2nds kicked off they had secured 3 more but as you can’t these days have a player named for both teams unlike the good old Mining & FHFL days when you could get away with being dual named as I remember one occasion finishing a match on one pitch and playing 20 min on the other (we will probably get a retrospective fine for that 😂)

Sadly but commendably the firsts tried to honour the fixture with 7 which is the minimum you can have. Alas as soon as another injury occurred (we would be sacking the physio by now if we had one) players were reduced to a total of 6 which in accordance with league rules is not enough to continue so game abandoned.

Dropship quite rightly I expect will advance to the next round, we will cop a fine iaw the league rules and our 2nds completed their fixture thankfully with no further injuries

Hopefully that clears it all up for the conspiracy theorists with enough facts to keep everyone happy 😁

Thanks Pitty

11 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

Looking at the Facebook Dave it was played to half hour with Dropship 6-0 up.Holmnans firsts had 7 players and went down to 6 and game abandoned.the reserves on the field next door had 14 players.thats all from their social media

4/5 leagues?so these players should be playing in the same league as mousehole?looking at their results I wouldnt agree with that.

Why is Kai Cornish playing for them?

I dont even know who he is but Im guessing a good player?maybe he has friends in the team or he wants to be part of whatever it is they are trying to achieve.i find it very unlikely that anyone is paying players in division 2 but even if they were so what?what does it matter what a man or lady wants to do with his/her money?ive said before that I will go and watch them I think I will next week as they do seem to be a good club that know they are punching below their weight and are doing what they can to get to their level.theyve obviously got good people behind the scenes and that should be applauded

6 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

I dont even know who he is but Im guessing a good player?maybe he has friends in the team or he wants to be part of whatever it is they are trying to achieve.i find it very unlikely that anyone is paying players in division 2 but even if they were so what?what does it matter what a man or lady wants to do with his/her money?ive said before that I will go and watch them I think I will next week as they do seem to be a good club that know they are punching below their weight and are doing what they can to get to their level.theyve obviously got good people behind the scenes and that should be applauded

And if you come and find myself and the captain Liam, we’ll gladly explain the project to you. 

16 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

Says the guy thats not a millionaire selling them.Jokes on you in your ford fiesta and tesco  trainers.if thats what they do,I wouldnt mind having my time again so I can sell mugs and coasters because that money could come in handy now

You will need to also be good at football and play below your standard. Zetec and Asda so your on the right lines.🤣

2 hours ago, United51 said:

Kai has only played 45min and another 40 yesterday . He was at Argyle since the age of 11, Helston 16 to 22 , he is fed up with travelling and wants to play some local footy . He is also training  in a martial art so footy is not his priority atm . 

Local, Rosudgeon for a home game, Is that local to him? Why not play local 3 league higher.