Bideford   0-2    Tavistock
Cribbs      0-2    Bristol Manor Farm
Evesham United   1-0    Cinderford Town
Helston Athletic   4-2       Mousehole
Malvern Town       0-3    Bishops Cleeve
Melksham Town   2-0   Shaftesbury
Thatcham Town   0-2       Bashley
Yate Town   1-0   Exmouth Town

Jack crago scoring 2 and  helping Helston to a massive win over mousehole. While parkway go 180 mins without a sniff of a goal again . Must be the most baffling loan I’ve ever  seen.
could there be a serious possibility that crago goals help helston get promoted while his  home  clubs lack of goals see them relegated 😂

I have to be honest I never thought Truro would turn into the Barcelona of the West Country with 1500 watching brilliant entertaining football in a new stadium  and parkway would be the boring ones with gates dwindling . Football is a funny old game  . 

I must admit, there are so many interesting football stories throughout the local leagues, with Helston and Falmouth testing themselves at a higher level, Mousehole looking to kick on from this year. Plymouth Parkway probably looking to avoid relegation.

Outside these leagues, Truro City are off to a cracking start on and off the field, hopefully it’s sustainable, and other well established Cornish teams ie St Austell, St Blazey, Torpoint, Liskeard, Newquay and Penzance are looking to push on to establish themselves in a higher league or obtain promotion. What a season ahead we have, so many different angles !

16 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Jack crago scoring 2 and  helping Helston to a massive win over mousehole. While parkway go 180 mins without a sniff of a goal again . Must be the most baffling loan I’ve ever  seen.
could there be a serious possibility that crago goals help helston get promoted while his  home  clubs lack of goals see them relegated 😂

I have to be honest I never thought Truro would turn into the Barcelona of the West Country with 1500 watching brilliant entertaining football in a new stadium  and parkway would be the boring ones with gates dwindling . Football is a funny old game  . 

Not sure how long the Jack Crago loan arrangement is for ,but did hear that it's 1 month. If so, he could be back at Bolitho in a couple of weeks (from his comments on the CS podcast, it does sound like Matt Cusack wants to extend this). I would say though that Crago wasn't exactly prolific last season. I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong, but I don't think he scored in the final 20 league games of the 2023/24 campaign. Wonder if the plan from Chris McPhee was to get him playing (and scoring) somewhere to help him regain his form and confidence in front of goal. Not a bad idea as his most productive season did previously come under Cusack when he was the head coach at Parkway. If he isn't returning, it does seem strange to take a player through pre season that isn't part of your plans and let him go without signing a replacement. The lack of a recognised step 3 quality striker is something that  troubled Lee Hobbs since Ben Seymour left after the 2022/23 season, despite many options being tried. Looks like more of the same for Chris McPhee.

15 hours ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

I must admit, there are so many interesting football stories throughout the local leagues, with Helston and Falmouth testing themselves at a higher level, Mousehole looking to kick on from this year. Plymouth Parkway probably looking to avoid relegation.

Outside these leagues, Truro City are off to a cracking start on and off the field, hopefully it’s sustainable, and other well established Cornish teams ie St Austell, St Blazey, Torpoint, Liskeard, Newquay and Penzance are looking to push on to establish themselves in a higher league or obtain promotion. What a season ahead we have, so many different angles !

What's happening down at Mousehole? Good start to the league season before yesterday, but some usual players missing and a lot of unfamiliar names.

I know that the excellent Pablo Wools-Blanco has moved on, but the standard of the media output does seem to have dipped. The club has in the past been very good at keeping people up to date with injuries, suspensions , departures and new signings.

Went to watch this local derby yesterday. Not the greatest watch I must admit. 

Helston dominated from set pieces and corners (scoring from three). Helston played a very direct and physical style of play. Mousehole played more passing style of play but looked a little light weight in areas. #16 in CM is a baller looked head and shoulders above other players on the park (not sure of his name). However style doesn’t win you games. 

A Mousehole fan close to me said that they had a lot of injuries yesterday missing some key players in key positions. A full squad may have been a closer game. 

Ultimately the most frustrating part of the game yesterday were the 3 in black. Offsides when not off and offsides when clearly on was very frustrating to watch. Some very strange decisions by the man in the middle who looked out of his depth and maybe a step too high for him. I don’t to like to criticise officials as it’s a job I definitely wouldn’t like to do. However if they don’t meet the expected levels I have a right to criticise them as my money is probably going towards their expenses. 

I wish I went to Truro and payed £5 more think I would have been more entertained. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Bank Holiday Monday 26 August 2024

I thought they done well considering the amount of play acting,screaming,shouting and abuse being hurled at them and some of the stupid tackles.I was stood behind the young Lino and I thought all his offsides were good although I do understand that this hole waiting until the player plays the ball thing is frsutrating. I dont like watching football at that level as the language and the shouting and screaming is unlike anything ive heard in peninsular and below in my time down here.its another level and its awful so I cant even bring grandkids