Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Wednesday 28 August 2024

Newquay 2 Truro Res 0

Two goals in the last 15 minutes both scored by Mconie. An entertaining match with Newquay having the far better chances for the majority of the game with  both Newquays goals being  well taken at a time when it appeared to me that Truro players  were getting tired towards the end of the game.

Hard fought 2-0 win tonight 2 goals for Callum McConie ,Not the prettiest of games to watch Newquay looked disjointed but they must of been tired out after the Journey in the Vase last Saturday so rotated the team with Potts and Lowry coming into the team with Evans ,Shepard and Fallens on the bench . 

Not much happened in the 1st half Brodie in the Newquay goal made a brilliant save from Mikey Davis should of held it though Brodie .Morgan Jones was keeping Newquay at bay with a string of saves hes a fine young keeper .

I was on the way home in the 80th min doggy ws getting cold and i couldnt see bugger all anyway so i missed both of Callum McConies goals .

At least its another 3 points but hard fought for  Was hoping to see Teddy Horton play but he must of been suspended after his recent sending of fine player .

Good crowd up there tonight they even ran out of programs and i wanted 1 for the fixture list so will have to get 1 vs Bude on Saturday .

The ref was ok but the linesman in front of me was too fussy but he did miss what looked like a clear pen to me when Tom Moxham had his arm up from a Truro corner and clearly hit his hand but no one appealed so Newquay got  let off there .

Ok on to Saturday vs Bude be a different Bude team than last year when it was more like a kicking match But those money players like Gabby Rogers have moved on for the buck and the Tornado has gone now Bude are local youngsters which need to be Applauded . 

Well Done Newquay but i thought Truro Res are a very good team but missed Horton and need a centre forward like the player Finn they had who now plays for Liskeard 

Ok Night all you people out there 

MY MOM Truro GOALIE Morgan Jones and for Newquay Brodie COLE for his brilliant save 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Wednesday 28 August 2024

Bovey Tracey 1 v 8 Elburton Villa

️Adam MacPherson…️Sam Hughes…️Jack Alexander…️Jordan Rundle…️Ollie Newton…️Callum Merrin

Took no prisoners second half and were clinical with finishing… enjoyed that one but this East Division is tough and we expect another battle at the weekend.

I took Harrison along to the Bovey Tracey game this evening. The A382 or whatever bloody road was closed so I got sent round the houses by my satnav. I eventually got to the ground with 12 mins on the clock. It was 1-1 already 🤣. Not to worry, it was a goal fest. Elburton were the better team (obviously) but on the balance of play, there wasn’t much between the teams. However, were there was a marked difference was defending and attacking. As I’m sure you can imagine, the BT defending was pretty poor. In fact, really poor at times. Whilst the Elburton attack was clinical. They broke quick and delivered into the box early. They also liked a pop shot from distance, which paid off a couple of times. 
A good watch and great value for money. 

6 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Gosh, impressive for Elburton 👏 

Didn't Bovey manage to beat Liskeard in the Cup very recently?

The theory that current standards of Cornwall Club Football are on the wane gains momentum 😳

Ummmmm not sure Uwdi!!?  🤔🤔🤔  A team 4th in the National League South, and 3 teams in the top half of the Southern League South, 4 teams competing in the Western league Premier, Cornish teams knocking higher league teams out the fa vase, think Cornish football is in a good place to be honest!!!  👍

* Opinions are my own and anyone not agreeing with them that’s fine but you’re wrong 😀

17 hours ago, Nick Pope said:

Bovey Tracey 1 v 8 Elburton Villa

️Adam MacPherson…️Sam Hughes…️Jack Alexander…️Jordan Rundle…️Ollie Newton…️Callum Merrin

Took no prisoners second half and were clinical with finishing… enjoyed that one but this East Division is tough and we expect another battle at the weekend.

Sam Hughes just keeps on scoring. Seems like they could do with him back at Saltash. 

9 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Gosh, impressive for Elburton 👏 

Didn't Bovey manage to beat Liskeard in the Cup very recently?

The theory that current standards of Cornwall Club Football are on the wane gains momentum 😳

Football is a funny old game. These two were on the same points in the league prior to this game. Seems Bovey might just have had a seriously bad night at the office at the same time Elburton put everything away. 

On 28/08/2024 at 21:54, 100%cornish said:

Hard fought 2-0 win tonight 2 goals for Callum McConie ,Not the prettiest of games to watch Newquay looked disjointed but they must of been tired out after the Journey in the Vase last Saturday so rotated the team with Potts and Lowry coming into the team with Evans ,Shepard and Fallens on the bench . 

Not much happened in the 1st half Brodie in the Newquay goal made a brilliant save from Mikey Davis should of held it though Brodie .Morgan Jones was keeping Newquay at bay with a string of saves hes a fine young keeper .

I was on the way home in the 80th min doggy ws getting cold and i couldnt see bugger all anyway so i missed both of Callum McConies goals .

At least its another 3 points but hard fought for  Was hoping to see Teddy Horton play but he must of been suspended after his recent sending of fine player .

Good crowd up there tonight they even ran out of programs and i wanted 1 for the fixture list so will have to get 1 vs Bude on Saturday .

The ref was ok but the linesman in front of me was too fussy but he did miss what looked like a clear pen to me when Tom Moxham had his arm up from a Truro corner and clearly hit his hand but no one appealed so Newquay got  let off there .

Ok on to Saturday vs Bude be a different Bude team than last year when it was more like a kicking match But those money players like Gabby Rogers have moved on for the buck and the Tornado has gone now Bude are local youngsters which need to be Applauded . 

Well Done Newquay but i thought Truro Res are a very good team but missed Horton and need a centre forward like the player Finn they had who now plays for Liskeard 

Ok Night all you people out there 

MY MOM Truro GOALIE Morgan Jones and for Newquay Brodie COLE for his brilliant save 

Kicking matches are normally Cornish sides bread and butter , helston, torpoint and Falmouth have all been very direct and robust this season, budes a lovely club (apart from the dinosaurs)but I seem it very backwards to criticise ambition , money will always be around but also jealousy will be as well 

4 hours ago, The truth said:

Kicking matches are normally Cornish sides bread and butter , helston, torpoint and Falmouth have all been very direct and robust this season, budes a lovely club (apart from the dinosaurs)but I seem it very backwards to criticise ambition , money will always be around but also jealousy will be as well 

Bude got criticised for paying thousands of £££ to get a squad to challenge. They weren’t the first to do this, they won’t be the last.
They were criticised for playing on the edge and a lack of discipline. They weren’t the first and won’t be the last to adopt this tactic. 
They were criticised for the state of their changing rooms. They aren’t the first with poor facilities and won’t be the last. 
They were criticised for the “type” of crowd that attended. They aren’t the first and won’t be the last with a ‘vocal’ young team going along to watch. 

All of the above can rightly be criticised and maybe should be, however imo, it’s never came from a point of view of looking/helping a club to improve. It’s came from a points scoring, nit picking, not very helpful attitude. 
It’s something I don’t really understand. Now I am very critical of my beloved Heart of Midlothian right now, because we have some money, we have so called experts and we are making a right pigs ear of it. They are so bad I’d currently not fancy our chances in the SWPL 🤭  But they are so called professionals making a mess of it, so quite rightly should be criticised (and hopefully sacked 🤞🏻🤞🏻). Bude is run by volunteers, any improvements are done with grants secured, local workman volunteering their time. I just find it incredible that so many ‘experts’ sat on their backsides in their front room find it acceptable to criticise anyone. I think that says more about them than the failings at any local football club. 
Oh and on the subject of Hearts, I have a season ticket for sale if anyone wants it. Cause I’m sick of this season already 🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Scott Foley - The Jam Tart said:

Bude got criticised for paying thousands of £££ to get a squad to challenge. They weren’t the first to do this, they won’t be the last.
They were criticised for playing on the edge and a lack of discipline. They weren’t the first and won’t be the last to adopt this tactic. 
They were criticised for the state of their changing rooms. They aren’t the first with poor facilities and won’t be the last. 
They were criticised for the “type” of crowd that attended. They aren’t the first and won’t be the last with a ‘vocal’ young team going along to watch. 

All of the above can rightly be criticised and maybe should be, however imo, it’s never came from a point of view of looking/helping a club to improve. It’s came from a points scoring, nit picking, not very helpful attitude. 
It’s something I don’t really understand. Now I am very critical of my beloved Heart of Midlothian right now, because we have some money, we have so called experts and we are making a right pigs ear of it. They are so bad I’d currently not fancy our chances in the SWPL 🤭  But they are so called professionals making a mess of it, so quite rightly should be criticised (and hopefully sacked 🤞🏻🤞🏻). Bude is run by volunteers, any improvements are done with grants secured, local workman volunteering their time. I just find it incredible that so many ‘experts’ sat on their backsides in their front room find it acceptable to criticise anyone. I think that says more about them than the failings at any local football club. 
Oh and on the subject of Hearts, I have a season ticket for sale if anyone wants it. Cause I’m sick of this season already 🤣🤣

Bude have got three very experienced guys in charge now tho so inexperienced side or not they’ll grow and learn under those 3 , people want to tell people how to spend there money , people can do what they want if people are that concerned about it they need to look Within themselves because there clearly either bitter or not happy with there live to worry about someone else that doesn’t effect them , ref abuse is everywhere , I’m not a fan of refs but it’s a necessary evil , without them there’s no football it won’t exist without them so appreciate that 

6 minutes ago, The truth said:

Bude have got three very experienced guys in charge now tho so inexperienced side or not they’ll grow and learn under those 3 , people want to tell people how to spend there money , people can do what they want if people are that concerned about it they need to look Within themselves because there clearly either bitter or not happy with there live to worry about someone else that doesn’t effect them , ref abuse is everywhere , I’m not a fan of refs but it’s a necessary evil , without them there’s no football it won’t exist without them so appreciate that 

Agreed re the management team in charge. Trying to play the right way, trying to bleed local youngsters, demanding certain standards. I’m very impressed with them all. And to boot, they are jolly decent chaps 👌🏻

Rome wasn’t built in a day 👌🏻

45 minutes ago, Scott Foley - The Jam Tart said:

They were certainly pretty poor last night matey 

Just now, Brianmooreshead said:

They were certainly pretty poor last night matey 

Hearts that is ..................... Not Bude

Keep the faith Scott! Tynecastle still one of the best grounds and atmospheres (2nd behind the Hoops) 😀  in Scottish football as we know mate 👍️.  Like the new? ultras all in black behind the home end goal 👍️  If it’s any consolation the Hibees ain’t looking too good either! 😀👍  Big miss Shankland being injured, quality striker, could play in the Premier league in my opinion mate!? Perhaps going out of Europe will help in the league and you can finish above those Buns!!! 😀👍️. But just behind the Hoops!! 💚🤍😀

7 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Keep the faith Scott! Tynecastle still one of the best grounds and atmospheres (2nd behind the Hoops) 😀  in Scottish football as we know mate 👍️.  Like the new? ultras all in black behind the home end goal 👍️  If it’s any consolation the Hibees ain’t looking too good either! 😀👍  Big miss Shankland being injured, quality striker, could play in the Premier league in my opinion mate!? Perhaps going out of Europe will help in the league and you can finish above those Buns!!! 😀👍️. But just behind the Hoops!! 💚🤍😀

Ha Ha. Thanks Rappo. It’s about 50 years or so now I’ve been telling myself, this is our year. 4 weeks into this season and it looks over already 😯. Don’t ya just love football.