Plymouth Parkway   4-1  Baffins Milton Rovers
Swindon Supermarine   1-1   Poole Town
Taunton Town   3-0  Didcot Town
Tavistock   0-1   Winchester City
Tiverton Town   0-3   Wimborne Town
Westbury United   3-1   AFC Totton
Willand Rovers   1-0  Brixham

Southern League Division One South   
Bashley    2-1    Falmouth Town (Massey)
Cinderford Town    0-1       Helston Athletic (Crago)

Good moral booster of a win for parkway against a   lower  league opposition . Could have been an upset with the way parkway have started but a Matt wright hat trick settled the nerves and  got him off the mark  

Need to take that confidence into next Saturday and Tuesday with Walton and hersham and Taunton Due at bolitho. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 31 August 2024

Independent view but Helston seem to be holding their own following promotion.

Any coincidence thats the likes of Storey, Payne, Shepherd, Damerell, Wilson, Cornish and Jewell have jumped ship before being pushed ? 

Watching from US but Helston seem to have a no nonsense Director of Football and Manager in Massey and Cussack who only thrive on players who are dedicated and committed to winning.

Not able to visit Cornwall for another 12 months due to visa embargo but watching from a far with great interest 

2 hours ago, Leroy said:

Independent view but Helston seem to be holding their own following promotion.

Any coincidence thats the likes of Storey, Payne, Shepherd, Damerell, Wilson, Cornish and Jewell have jumped ship before being pushed ? 

Watching from US but Helston seem to have a no nonsense Director of Football and Manager in Massey and Cussack who only thrive on players who are dedicated and committed to winning.

Not able to visit Cornwall for another 12 months due to visa embargo but watching from a far with great interest 

No doubt that Cusack is a top coach. 

Seen two of Helston's games and his side knows how to get over the line. Westbury didn't look great and Mousehole had no centre halfs resulting in Helston winning the game through set-pieces and long balls. Mousehole looked a class apart when they got the ball down.

The football is not pretty but Helston know their strengths and have an experienced and committed set of players, presumably assembled at great expense, who know how to deliver.

23 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Good moral booster of a win for parkway against a   lower  league opposition . Could have been an upset with the way parkway have started but a Matt wright hat trick settled the nerves and  got him off the mark  

Need to take that confidence into next Saturday and Tuesday with Walton and hersham and Taunton Due at bolitho. 

Not going to comment on the Parkway players and playing style as I haven't seen them yet this season, but I am impressed by the way Chris McPhee conducts himself in post matches.  Speaks honestly, openly and with intelligence, a contrast to the angry with the world, seige mentality we had from Lee Hobbs previously (McPhee has, to my knowledge, not mentioned a referee or their decisions at all either).

In this latest interview, I found his comments regarding Jack Crago and the thinking behind sending him out on loan, very enlightening.

3 hours ago, John Thomas Allcock said:

Too early to speculate really. 

Let's see how things go when Mousehole are free of their injury crisis.

Christmas period is usually when you tell the wheat from the chaff, and everybody has faced everybody.

Yes, the Southern League South is a long grind of a campaign (especially as it's a 42 game season this time around).

As you've said, the winter months will be when we get an idea of who's got what about them. Jake Ash and Matt Cusack have both been around this league before, and know its demands.

58 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Not going to comment on the Parkway players and playing style as I haven't seen them yet this season, but I am impressed by the way Chris McPhee conducts himself in post matches.  Speaks honestly, openly and with intelligence, a contrast to the angry with the world, seige mentality we had from Lee Hobbs previously (McPhee has, to my knowledge, not mentioned a referee or their decisions at all either).

In this latest interview, I found his comments regarding Jack Crago and the thinking behind sending him out on loan, very enlightening.

Ridiculous reason to.leave a player out on loan.......the "football speak" you get from managers these days is the problem with the modern game.

I did find that odd . Almost suggesting crago couldnt understand what the manager wanted him to do   .  He did struggle last season and in pre season but he wasn’t alone at all  . Both Callum rose and Garside have struggled to get going but have been kept on  

jack seem have smile on his face  and back scoring and enjoying his time with helston who knows if he be back ? 

46 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

I did find that odd . Almost suggesting crago couldnt understand what the manager wanted him to do   .  He did struggle last season and in pre season but he wasn’t alone at all  . Both Callum rose and Garside have struggled to get going but have been kept on  

jack seem have smile on his face  and back scoring and enjoying his time with helston who knows if he be back ? 

Pretty sure he's on a contract at Parkway, so that may complicate matters slightly. Although I guess the loan agreement could just be extended.

Does seem like Chris McPhee doesn't fancy him, which makes it seem strange that he took him all the way through pre season and let him go out on loan just as the season started. Especially as no obvious replacement was brought in.