WEST
Bodmin Town       0-1     Wendron United
Callington Town       1-0   St Day
Launceston       2-2     Dobwalls
Liskeard Athletic       3-0    Sticker
Newquay      6-0     Bude Town
Penzance       3-1     Camelford
Wadebridge Tn  2-3   Truro City Reserves

• Dave Deacon changed the title to FIXTURES & RESULT - Friday & Saturday 30 & 31 August 2024

Back from watching NEWQUAY hammer Bude 6-0 , but you would never of said this score after 20 mins because they where playing well but the the floodgates opened and mistake after mistake let in the lethal Newquay forwards .

Jacob Grange was having a fine game and the poor Bude defender marking him couldnt cope with him and Jacob helped himself to 2 goals as well as Callum McConie who would get a hat trick 

HT 4-0 

2ND half and the Newquay dominance continued and all this without top scorer Louis Price  Newquay could of scored 10 hitting the post cross bar and some good saves by the goalie .

I said to Callum before the match he would get a hat trick and he did his 3rd goal being a penalty .

The ref was good and so where his assitants 

MY MOM how can i just give it to a invidual player like Callum McConie sorry Callum you got a hat trick but the whole team where brilliant this was a real team performance a brilliant showing it was like a exhibition  match most of Newquays goals came from mistakes which where punished .

Nice to see Harrison and his owner lovely little dog Nice talking to people up there today nearly forgot Mom For Bude No7 Steve BOX 

Well done Newquay for  1 hell of a performance will be harder next week vs Neil Prices Launceston team and there brilliant striker Andy Watkins who i saw play many times for Truro and at Wembley in the Final .

Newquay are bound to have a slip up sometime in the season but they got Louis Price and JBE to add this team like i said before this is the best Newquay side i have seen in at least 30 years 

Bodmin 0 Wendron 1

Apart from a bit of injury time on the odd occasion,  I never leave a game early. Today I left just after an hour. It was that bad. I've seen a few duff games early season but this was an absolute stinker.

Neither side could string a couple of passes together never mind mount a decent threat on goal.

I understand Wendron eventually managed a goal, it was 0-0 when I drove off.

I always rate the games I watch out of 10. Normally the trend has been between 6 to 8 in previous seasons. Out of 11 attended games so far this term, only two have got as high as 6. The sorry affair at Bodmin this afternoon was a new low: 1.5 out of 10. Believe me, it was that bad 👎 (at least what I saw of it).

18 minutes ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Bodmin 0 Wendron 1

Apart from a bit of injury time on the odd occasion,  I never leave a game early. Today I left just after an hour. It was that bad. I've seen a few duff games early season but this was an absolute stinker.

Neither side could string a couple of passes together never mind mount a decent threat on goal.

I always rate the games I watch out of 10. Normally the trend has been between 6 to 8 in previous seasons. Out of 11 attended games so far this term, only two have got as high as 6. The sorry affair at Bodmin this afternoon was a new low: 1.5 out of 10. Believe me, it was that bad 👎 (at least what I saw of it).

Uwdi why attend 11 games  if it’s not floating your boat buy an Argyle ticket , you’ll be glad to get back to Bodmin 

Never leave early...go to the tea hut, or have a yarn with another spectator..!

In my latter days of playing, in Mining League 3, some of the football, was to say politely,  that indifferent. 

Thats sets of players could erupt into laughter, at the mistakes.

Never a nil nil...either..!

What im trying to say is, you can always find entertainment,  sometimes,  not always on the pitch!!

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Friday & Saturday 30 & 31 August 2024

Bude were taken to school by Newquay today. Bude were the better team for the first 20 minutes or so, they threatened without actually looking like they would score. However the positive for this young team to remember is they imposed themselves on a pretty good Newquay team. The Newquay management team were getting quite vocal as Bude continued to play the game in the Newquay half. However, as we all know in football, if you don’t take your chances, it might come back to bite you on the backside. 
And boy did it come back and bite Bude. The first half finish with Newquay enjoying a 4 goal advantage. They didn’t deserve it, and I say that with no disrespect to the hosts. They just took advantage of errors from Bude. Fair play to them. That’s what experienced teams do. 
The second half was Newquay attacking pretty much for the first 30 mins or so. Newquay got the goals their pressure deserved. They scored 6, I think it was the 5th which was on the end of some delightful build up play. However, I’d say Bude had as big a hand in the other 5 as Newquay did. 
The final 15 minutes saw Bude come back into the game, this possibly could be as the result of many substitutions from both team, but the Bude management team should feel proud that the heads didn’t go down. There was mistakes for sure, but there were many positives and a clear fight in this bunch of players. 

Harrison was pleased to meet Smokie, who was indifferent and kept on sleeping 🤣

16 minutes ago, The Governor said:

If a goal keeper handles the ball outside of the box what should the referee do?

I watched a game today where this happened and the official have a free kick but nothing else,no card of any colour which I thought was not right?

Depends on where other players were.

4 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Bodmin 0 Wendron 1

Uwdi, I don't know why you do it to yourself week in, week out. Don't think you've enjoyed a game this season...

Bodmin 0 Wendron 1

Christ almighty you are a barrel of laughs aren’t you 😂

Bodmin 0 Wendron 1

A friend of mine plays for bodmin he sed it wasn't that bad  n wendron were lucky to get their goal due to mix up between the lino n ref 

9 hours ago, The Governor said:

If a goal keeper handles the ball outside of the box what should the referee do?

I watched a game today where this happened and the official have a free kick but nothing else,no card of any colour which I thought was not right?

If the handball offence stops a promising attack then yellow. 

If it denies an obvious goal scoring opportunity then red. 

If it's neither of the above then there is no sanction

It's a common myth/misconception that GK is sent off, or otherwise, for handball offence outside the penalty area. 

After a solid team performance mid-week, Camelford faced a disappointing afternoon as they traveled to Penzance with only 11 players and no recognized center half in their squad. 

Penzance took control straight away, forcing Colwill into a save in the first minute, setting the tone for what looked like a long afternoon for Reg’s side. Penzance took the lead within 4 minutes, with a long ball that was latched onto by a Penzance winger, who just beat the keeper to it on the edge of the box and passed it into an open net.

Penzance dominated play for the first 25 minutes as Camelford sat back, allowing the Magpies to control the game. However, Camelford finally began to find their rhythm, with a midfield consisting of 40-year-old Josh Insley, 16-year-old Kenley Dyson, and Camels legend Andy Boxall. They started linking up well and creating a few chances for Camelford's forward line.

Just before halftime, Camelford thought they had found a way back into the game when left-back Josh Smith stormed into the home team’s box. He got his toe to the ball first before taking contact from the defender. Everyone in the ground expected a clear penalty call, but to everyone's surprise, the referee stormed over and booked the Camelford player for diving.

The second half was largely an even affair, with both teams finding their stride but neither creating many scoring opportunities. The game then turned further in Penzance's favor when young Scarlet Dyson committed a foul in the middle of the park. After a questionable booking in the first half, the referee was quick to pull out the red card and send the young man off. Two minor tackles resulted in a red card, showing questionable action from the referee. During the aftermath of the red card, Gussy found himself in the sin bin as the referee continued his main character performance.

The two-man advantage and tired Camelford legs were evident as Penzance doubled their lead, breaking the offside trap and beating the keeper in a one-on-one situation. With Gussy back on the pitch, he showed his experience and strength, brushing off two defenders after a long ball, finding himself in the box, and slotting a shot into the bottom corner with a fine finish with 3 mins to go. 

Camelford had their hopes up for about 30 seconds, as straight from the kickoff, Penzance attacked and scored with an excellent finish from the edge of the box. The game finished 3-1. 

Camelford once again showed grit despite their limited numbers, but they need to find a win soon to kickstart their season. 

I’m not one to bash referees and usually prefer to praise rather than criticize, but I’ve never seen a referee make games more about himself than this one does. He’s clearly officiated at a higher level, but when he drops down to the SWP League, it feels like he’s doing us a favor, which comes off as a burden. His attitude and manner of speaking to players are quite frankly arrogant and embarrassing—a strange individual, but it’s something we’ve all come to expect. That being said the young lino in front of the grandstand was superb and made a great correct non-offside decision which lead to Penzance second goal  

There was a good crowd watching at a good club that seems to be going places. 

43 minutes ago, F W said:

I’m not one to bash referees and usually prefer to praise rather than criticize, but I’ve never seen a referee make games more about himself than this one does. He’s clearly officiated at a higher level, but when he drops down to the SWP League, it feels like he’s doing us a favor, which comes off as a burden. His attitude and manner of speaking to players are quite frankly arrogant and embarrassing—a strange individual, but it’s something we’ve all come to expect. That being said the young lino in front of the grandstand was superb and made a great correct non-offside decision which lead to Penzance second goal  

The referee in question has never officiated higher than where he is now.

The young assistant is a very promising prospect, I believe he is either 16 or 17 but showing great potential already.

What a very good report from the Penzance v Camelford game!

With a few players missing from the mid-week game, it was always going to be a tricky game for Camelford.

Have to agree, referee made the game more about himself, full of self importance and I know people say, “Without a referee you wouldn’t have a game”  but without two teams you wouldn’t have a game either, so please, let’s have some consistency from referees!

56 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

The referee in question has never officiated higher than where he is now.

Although he has been on the line I think.

However, focussing on the game rather than the officials, initially I felt for Camelford as it appeared they only had the bare 11 players, and with a few of those being of the mature well-experienced ilk, I did wonder how long they would hold out against an opposition who within four minutes were in front courtesy of Silas Sullivan!

Yet I shouldn't have worried for the visitors as they settled into the game and for a lot of the match gave as good as they got.

Penzance didn't get their second until the 85th minute when a lively Charlie Willis broke through and kept his cool to slot it past Josh Colwill, but even then Camelford showed great character and serial goalscorer Mark Gusterson used his body well to pull a goal back although Penzance had the last word with what I felt was the goal of the game from Darryl Richards.

By the way, a sub did appear in the dug-out for the visitors during the second-half 👍

37 minutes ago, TheOpinionoftheReferee said:

That is right

Level 4s, who referee steps 5/6, also assist at steps 3/4. 

At least I now know that 'level 4' refs are in the middle for 'steps 5&6' . I was always confused by the level number for officials and where it stood against the steps on the pyramid. (I'll probably forget again by next week 😂

16 hours ago, Luke Gibbons said:

Uwdi, I don't know why you do it to yourself week in, week out. Don't think you've enjoyed a game this season...

Decent games as follows:

Blazey stuffing Saltash 4-1 in the Western League

A pre season draw 2-2, Liskeard v Falmouth 

Hopefully, my luck will change next week.

20 hours ago, Marksy Senior said:

Uwdi why attend 11 games  if it’s not floating your boat buy an Argyle ticket , you’ll be glad to get back to Bodmin 

Can't afford it Marksy. Besides, I've enjoyed travelling around non league grounds up and down the UK for years. Bit worried about the drop in standard down Cornwall this season. Perhaps I've just been unlucky?

19 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Bit tricky at Bodmin! 🤔

Indeed Dave, shame to see the Tea Hut shut up at Bodmin.

16 hours ago, Luke Gibbons said:

A couple have been decent. I'll stick at it Luke. Perhaps my problem is being too honest. If it's a duff game I call it as it is.

38 minutes ago, Buckland Jim said:

Thought clubs were supposed to provide tea hut facilities at Step 6 or are they serving them from the clubhouse?

Clubs are supposed to provide various things at Step 6 which Bodmin do not offer. No tea hut is an example but the playing surface is also dreadful. Pretty embarrassing really. Apparently there are reasons which will be announced at some point!

37 minutes ago, justanopinion said:

Clubs are supposed to provide various things at Step 6 which Bodmin do not offer. No tea hut is an example but the playing surface is also dreadful. Pretty embarrassing really. Apparently there are reasons which will be announced at some point!

Await the announcement with interest. Thanks for that. 

2 hours ago, Buckland Jim said:

Thought clubs were supposed to provide tea hut facilities at Step 6 or are they serving them from the clubhouse?

From the clubhouse

1 hour ago, justanopinion said:

Apparently there are reasons which will be announced at some point!

I don't think it's a secret, although an official announcement is still to be made once all the legal loose ends are sorted, but the County FA are taking over and so big changes to come at Priory Park over the next 18 months.

On 31/08/2024 at 20:34, justanopinion said:

How can 2 opinions be so different? Was the red correct or incorrect? Were the officials very good 100% or not?

Having seen the highlights reel from Dobwalls, the red card is correct. 

It's a clear push, that sits well above the higher threshold for contact in the penalty area. 

Once the penalty is awarded, it is a clear denial of an obvious goal scoring opportunity. Because it is a push, the so-called double jeopardy rule does not apply, as it is neither an attempt or challenge for the ball which is why it is a red card. 

Criteria for Denial of a goal scoring opportunity are met because distance to goal is close, there are no defenders between the attacker and the goal, general direction of play is towards the goal and the attacker is likely to regain control of the ball, his next action is likely to be a shot at goal actually, textbook goal scoring opportunity in my view.

I havnt been to Bodmin this year so i dont know about the tea hut use to be behind the stand and run by lovely people also you could get a cuppa with your chips by the entrance near the top end of the grandstand.

Bodmin is a lovely ground nothing better than lying on the grass on a sunny afternoon watching a match .

I like Bodmin and the people there wasnt happy when the no dogs rule went up but now dogs are allowed back in I will be down very soon .

The club has being going in decline since Darren left ,Dane Bunney took over and he had was building a good team there but they all left for more money then Dane went and Simon Minnett took over and hes trying to rebuild a team and he cant be doing to bad a job for them to beat the talented Bodmin team .

I am down in Bodmin Hospital on the 28th sept so i will be missing watching Newquay vs Camelford so i will be driving over to see my friends in Wadebridge for  of there lovely Pasties and a battle of 2 of the title favourites Wadebridge and Wendron hope its not peeing down i have been soaked many a times at the Bridge.

Hope Bodmin do well this season the days of handing big bundles of cash over to Neil Warnock for bringing his team down for Pre season dont think a large amount of money would be exchanged to bring Torquay down like it was in the days of Leeds Crystal Palace and other teams Neil was in charge .

1 last thing the death of ex Cardiff Player Sol Bamba i met him when Cardiff where playing at Bodmin in a pre season match a giant of a man i got a photo of me with him i look like a bloody midget ok sorry i ment a small person compared to him ,he died so young after fighting Cancer for 2 years .

I bet Neil Warnock was devasted when he heard of Sols passing i know he thought a lot of the big man he was his captain and leader .

Ok big game at Newquay this weekend vs Launceston and Andy Watkins in attack with Neil Price as there manager and who is brilliant on the Rappo and Deacs Podcast .Who Newquay do win because Neil was in the Watford team that beat my Plymouth team to get the final ,i have got the whole match on video which i bought i still shout at the tv to Lee Cooper to Kick John Barnes over the stand but he didnt listen to me .

Ok everybody have a good week 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

I havnt been to Bodmin this year so i dont know about the tea hut use to be behind the stand and run by lovely people also you could get a cuppa with your chips by the entrance near the top end of the grandstand.

Bodmin is a lovely ground nothing better than lying on the grass on a sunny afternoon watching a match .

I like Bodmin and the people there wasnt happy when the no dogs rule went up but now dogs are allowed back in I will be down very soon .

The club has being going in decline since Darren left ,Dane Bunney took over and he had was building a good team there but they all left for more money then Dane went and Simon Minnett took over and hes trying to rebuild a team and he cant be doing to bad a job for them to beat the talented Bodmin team .

I am down in Bodmin Hospital on the 28th sept so i will be missing watching Newquay vs Camelford so i will be driving over to see my friends in Wadebridge for  of there lovely Pasties and a battle of 2 of the title favourites Wadebridge and Wendron hope its not peeing down i have been soaked many a times at the Bridge.

Hope Bodmin do well this season the days of handing big bundles of cash over to Neil Warnock for bringing his team down for Pre season dont think a large amount of money would be exchanged to bring Torquay down like it was in the days of Leeds Crystal Palace and other teams Neil was in charge .

1 last thing the death of ex Cardiff Player Sol Bamba i met him when Cardiff where playing at Bodmin in a pre season match a giant of a man i got a photo of me with him i look like a bloody midget ok sorry i ment a small person compared to him ,he died so young after fighting Cancer for 2 years .

I bet Neil Warnock was devasted when he heard of Sols passing i know he thought a lot of the big man he was his captain and leader .

Ok big game at Newquay this weekend vs Launceston and Andy Watkins in attack with Neil Price as there manager and who is brilliant on the Rappo and Deacs Podcast .Who Newquay do win because Neil was in the Watford team that beat my Plymouth team to get the final ,i have got the whole match on video which i bought i still shout at the tv to Lee Cooper to Kick John Barnes over the stand but he didnt listen to me .

Ok everybody have a good week 

The club was in decline a long time before Darren left. See the ringers he used to bring in which certainly didn't help things.

1 hour ago, silly billy said:

The club was in decline a long time before Darren left. See the ringers he used to bring in which certainly didn't help things.

Also never had any ambition to progress. Was just happy plodding along paying players loads to win a league countless times.  In front of about 30 fans. 
Never really understood Darren being held as this class manager. Light years away in management from the guys  running clubs in southern league etc.  

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Also never had any ambition to progress. Was just happy plodding along paying players loads to win a league countless times.  In front of about 30 fans. 
Never really understood Darren being held as this class manager. Light years away in management from the guys  running clubs in southern league etc.  

Spot on.