Cornwall Football Forum

Dorking in an orangy red come to play in Truro in red!

1 hour ago, St Darren said:

It’s absolute crazy that the referee allowed that to start!

Poor look from all sides really 

Crazy that the 2 clubs couldn't send an email between themselves to establish what kit colours would be. 

Basics that should be covered on every pre match confirmation email.

The referee is onto a loser either way. She either doesn't start the game and is blamed for ruining Truro's homecoming or does start the game and get blamed for a kit clash.

10 hours ago, Craze said:

How do Truro look poor?

Because they didn’t update information with the league or something.  Dorking were lead to believe that Truro’s away colours were red and black so they assumed they’d have a different colour for home shirts. 

Truro are the least to blame may I add.  But once again communication is a big issue here.  

I was lead to believe that it was standard practice for all parties (Home, Away & Ref) to communicate prior these details leading up to a game?

On Dorking's YouTube videos they stated last night that their secretary got his information from Google.

Has there/will there be any sanctions from the league?

JW

9 hours ago, St Darren said:

Because they didn’t update information with the league or something.  Dorking were lead to believe that Truro’s away colours were red and black so they assumed they’d have a different colour for home shirts. 

Truro are the least to blame may I add.  But once again communication is a big issue here.  

Did you watch it?

Dorkings copy of the league guide didn’t turn up, and then they made an assumption based on pictures from google.

Not sure how any of that’s Truros fault.

2 hours ago, Craze said:

Did you watch it?

Dorkings copy of the league guide didn’t turn up, and then they made an assumption based on pictures from google.

Yes I watched it. I subscribe to it because it’s brilliant. 

I never said it was Truro’s fault. Communication was the main issue.  

11 hours ago, St Darren said:

Yes I watched it. I subscribe to it because it’s brilliant. 

I never said it was Truro’s fault. Communication was the main issue.  

You said ‘poor look from all sides’

10 hours ago, silly billy said:

Electrifying atmosphere with loads of chants from the Truro fans in that video.........not. 

Easy to criticise. 

Truro are essentially building a fan base, and an identity from scratch. They have started well. I’ve enjoyed my couple of jaunts down there. 

Chants, and atmosphere will come as the fans get to know one another and more importantly the team better.

The only significant issue currently is the wind. I dismissed this as an issue the first time I heard the complaint, but have to admit the game was compromised when the wind got up.

1 hour ago, Craze said:

You said ‘poor look from all sides’

Easy to criticise. 

Truro are essentially building a fan base, and an identity from scratch. They have started well. I’ve enjoyed my couple of jaunts down there. 

Chants, and atmosphere will come as the fans get to know one another and more importantly the team better.

The only significant issue currently is the wind. I dismissed this as an issue the first time I heard the complaint, but have to admit the game was compromised when the wind got up.

I wasn't criticising, but when I said in the Truro v Dorking match topic there was no atmosphere, you said there was and the noise was at a dangerous level when it clearly wasn't. 

I like Truro city's new ground and yes things will improve 👍

4 hours ago, silly billy said:

I wasn't criticising, but when I said in the Truro v Dorking match topic there was no atmosphere, you said there was and the noise was at a dangerous level when it clearly wasn't. 

I like Truro city's new ground and yes things will improve 👍

I can provide you my apple watch read out. Behind the goal it was loud. However, I've now been down the other end of the ground and the noise doesn't travel. The club needs some songs/chants

1 hour ago, Craze said:

I can provide you my apple watch read out. Behind the goal it was loud. However, I've now been down the other end of the ground and the noise doesn't travel. The club needs some songs/chants

Let it develop naturally rather than trying to manufacture something.  When I went the tannoy announced was embarrassing.  At the moment noise doesn’t travel as nothing is enclosed.  If they manage to get some covered area at the changing room end then that would help!  It would also help with shelter when it’s windy and raining!!

1 hour ago, Craze said:

Not needed thanks, apple watches are pants and not reliable. May of if it was a Samsung 👍. Funny how the handful of Dorking fans could be clearly heard, maybe your watch was picking up the noise from them.

22 hours ago, Craze said:

Did you watch it?

Truro at fault as they should have communicated the kit colours clearly to the opposition and referee, which didn’t happen.

On 02/09/2024 at 19:16, Craze said:

Did you watch it?

As someone who's involved at another NLS club, none of the National League clubs had received the league guide by the first match of the season. The expectation is on the club secretary from the away side to communicate with the home side and agree what shirts they'd be wearing.

On 03/09/2024 at 17:32, bighairydave said:

Truro at fault as they should have communicated the kit colours clearly to the opposition and referee, which didn’t happen.

Surly as they came out of the changing rooms the referee/her assistants would have seen the issue?  why let them out onto the pitch?

All three party's are surly at fault, not singling out Truro.  Should/Do they not ALL communicate prior to match day?

JW

1 hour ago, Jeremy Wade said:

Surly as they came out of the changing rooms the referee/her assistants would have seen the issue?  why let them out onto the pitch?

All three party's are surly at fault, not singling out Truro.  Should/Do they not ALL communicate prior to match day?

JW

Agreed, all three have some blame, my comment was around someone else saying Truro were blameless. On all honesty it should never have got that far.