Cornwall Football Forum

RESULT - Tuesday 3 September 2024

• Dave Deacon changed the title to FIXTURE - Tuesday 3 September 2024
  • Dave Deacon pinned this topic
  • Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULT - Tuesday 3 September 2024
On 03/09/2024 at 20:55, PascoeR88 said:

Troon 2nds 0 - 5 Dropship Reserves

I’ve just been informed dropship played an ineligible player in a suspended Barry Penfold! Looking on the ccfa website I can see he received a 3 game ban in what was to be new inn titans very last game as a club last season, the suspension carries over until he is registered with a new club. Somehow he then played v Troon despite only being registered a few days earlier, I don’t see how he could of served his 3 game ban?

how has this happened? He wasn’t registered at the time of any previous games other than mawgan on the Saturday, and this includes dropship first games, meaning Troon would have been his 2nd game of the 3 game ban! What’s going on at the CCFA for this to be swept under the rug? Do dropship have the ability for the CCFA to waive an individual players ban for no apparent reason? Hardly any exceptional circumstances is there other than allowing him to rerun early for a game!

🤣🤣 hi there sijames nice to see you are still going on about new inn titan's I no we was good but we've folded mate but nice to see you've followed us to dropship and as for the ineligible player we had the go ahead from the ccfa so before you go shouting your mouth off make sure you no your facts have a good weekend pal 

I can't see SiJames post as I blocked him ages ago but I've been sent a screenshot.  Just for the record (and to compensate for his obvious misunderstanding of FA Rules and Regulations):

The FA Handbook - Section 11 - Rule 51.2 "...where the Club that the Player moves to competes at the same level as the Club that the Player moves from, any remaining period of suspension at the time that the Player moves shall be served by reference to Matches completed by the Club to which that the Player moves"

Of course, this was checked with Cornwall FA prior to the player playing.  The Player was issued a red card and three game suspension.  Our first team (same division as New Inn Titans last season) had played four matches by the time the player in question played (Newlyn, Perranwell, St Agnes and Holmans), thus his suspension had been served (add an extra game to boot).  Instead of questioning the integrity of the Cornwall FA staff, maybe the gentleman could submit an alteration to change the rules?

23 minutes ago, shaun isaacs said:

🤣🤣 hi there sijames nice to see you are still going on about new inn titan's I no we was good but we've folded mate but nice to see you've followed us to dropship and as for the ineligible player we had the go ahead from the ccfa so before you go shouting your mouth off make sure you no your facts have a good weekend pal 

How on earth can the CCFA do that? I’ve never in 35yrs of Cornish football heard the CCFA issue a 3 game ban for a player, and then waive 2 of the 3 games for no reason whatsoever? AT ANY LEVEL! 

why have they made allowances for dropship? Does this now mean any and every single club can apply for this, they’ll have to allow it once for every club now surly also? 

personally I think this is completely unacceptable, what sort of example does this set for the suspension system as a whole? Makes a complete mockery of not sure only this suspension system but every single rule they have if this is how they handle things! It’s almost as if dropship gave someone having a few quiet words with someone at the CCFA saying ‘come on mate just move the date of the registration left a few weeks to make it all line up!’

4 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

I can't see SiJames post as I blocked him ages ago but I've been sent a screenshot.  Just for the record (and to compensate for his obvious misunderstanding of FA Rules and Regulations):

The FA Handbook - Section 11 - Rule 51.2 "...where the Club that the Player moves to competes at the same level as the Club that the Player moves from, any remaining period of suspension at the time that the Player moves shall be served by reference to Matches completed by the Club to which that the Player moves"

Of course, this was checked with Cornwall FA prior to the player playing.  The Player was issued a red card and three game suspension.  Our first team (same division as New Inn Titans last season) had played four matches by the time the player in question played (Newlyn, Perranwell, St Agnes and Holmans), thus his suspension had been served (add an extra game to boot).  Instead of questioning the integrity of the Cornwall FA staff, maybe the gentleman could submit an alteration to change the rules?

No this is a lie, I know the player only registered on the 30th aug! So he wasn’t registered at ANY club prior to that date and after the straight red card for new in titans! The CCFA (and FA above them!) will be able to see this and any amendments made to the registration recently which will paint a clear and obvious concern! The automated fa full time system will provide an auditable trail of the events and there will be no hiding whatsoever from this! Time will tell….

14 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Mr David bartlam (Dropship chairman AND CCFA representative! 🤷‍♂️🤣) you’re telling me he signed on for this four games when all of titans players now playing moved over, YET, the likes of Liam Isaac’s, Chris ward, AND HIS BROTHER Robert penfold didn’t feature for dropship firsts or seconds in those or the first reserve game for what reason? Just sat them all out because Barry wasn’t playing? Ha ha this all smells so fishy! Highly unlikely they were eligible to play and just decided not, highly likely he wasn’t registered by the date of at least 2-3 of those games mentioned and therefore didn’t serve his ban fully, but the date has been moved to suit those dates (and people asking for this to happen!).

I can’t see this going away without a full investigation, and again the system will not lie there are back doors within the computers that if an appeal is lodged the FA will be able to see any and all amendments and original dates will come out.

cornish football 🤷‍♂️ whatever next!

15 minutes ago, Sijames said:

How on earth can the CCFA do that? I’ve never in 35yrs of Cornish football heard the CCFA issue a 3 game ban for a player, and then waive 2 of the 3 games for no reason whatsoever? AT ANY LEVEL! 

why have they made allowances for dropship? Does this now mean any and every single club can apply for this, they’ll have to allow it once for every club now surly also? 

personally I think this is completely unacceptable, what sort of example does this set for the suspension system as a whole? Makes a complete mockery of not sure only this suspension system but every single rule they have if this is how they handle things! It’s almost as if dropship gave someone having a few quiet words with someone at the CCFA saying ‘come on mate just move the date of the registration left a few weeks to make it all line up!’

No this is a lie, I know the player only registered on the 30th aug! So he wasn’t registered at ANY club prior to that date and after the straight red card for new in titans! The CCFA (and FA above them!) will be able to see this and any amendments made to the registration recently which will paint a clear and obvious concern! The automated fa full time system will provide an auditable trail of the events and there will be no hiding whatsoever from this! Time will tell….

@Sijames it’s lovely you like to monitor and follow us, on our journey! 

But as previous secretary of New Inn Titans FC, I was meticulous on detail, and would never play a player who was ineligible and have never done so, or in the 2 and half seasons as secretary never broke a rule within the club, and would most definitely not be starting to, at a New club. So thanks for your concern, it’s gratefully appreciated. 

Hopefully see you at one of the clubs games soon instead of the witch hunt you continue from behind your computer/phone or tablet. 

Have a great Saturday. And Thankyou for the continued support 😊

2 minutes ago, Sijames said:

Mr David bartlam (Dropship chairman AND CCFA representative! 🤷‍♂️🤣) you’re telling me he signed on for this four games when all of titans players now playing moved over, YET, the likes of Liam Isaac’s, Chris ward, AND HIS BROTHER Robert penfold didn’t feature for dropship firsts or seconds in those or the first reserve game for what reason? Just sat them all out because Barry wasn’t playing? Ha ha this all smells so fishy! Highly unlikely they were eligible to play and just decided not, highly likely he wasn’t registered by the date of at least 2-3 of those games mentioned and therefore didn’t serve his ban fully, but the date has been moved to suit those dates (and people asking for this to happen!).

I can’t see this going away without a full investigation, and again the system will not lie there are back doors within the computers that if an appeal is lodged the FA will be able to see any and all amendments and original dates will come out.

All of Titans players? Had success with only 5 players, wow! We did better than I thought 

4 minutes ago, Sijames said:

And how do you know the Penfolds are brothers? You have their family tree to hand?

There’s only one way to investigate this…. 

IMG_8531.jpeg

Now I don’t really understand what all the fuss is bout. If hes been cleared to play hes been cleared. I believe ive just seen someone post ruleing on it as well. It’s a bloody shame to see people tearing down other clubs when they should be worrying bout their own (if a club will have them). Take your tin foil hat of my beauty and think of issues closer to home. I don’t know much about dropship really but i have heard they’re doing well so all the best to them. We all want some sort success at our own clubs and it’s nice to get there without people trying to tear you down in the way 

8 minutes ago, Westernwizard7 said:

Now I don’t really understand what all the fuss is bout. If hes been cleared to play hes been cleared. I believe ive just seen someone post ruleing on it as well. It’s a bloody shame to see people tearing down other clubs when they should be worrying bout their own (if a club will have them). Take your tin foil hat of my beauty and think of issues closer to home. I don’t know much about dropship really but i have heard they’re doing well so all the best to them. We all want some sort success at our own clubs and it’s nice to get there without people trying to tear you down in the way 

‘Cleared’ by the CCFA despite NOT serving his 3 game ban 🤷‍♂️🤣

I suppose all publicity is good publicity all ive read on these threads is about drop ship so theyre probably fine with being talked about because if they didnt noone on the forum would know much about them.since it all started ive certainly looked with interest.all generated by these sort of posts.i wont be the only one.i do need to go and watch them

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

‘Cleared’ by the CCFA despite NOT serving his 3 game ban 🤷‍♂️🤣

If county have allowed him to play surely its fine. Like I said before we should all be worrying bout are own clubs rather than other trying to get the same out of football. If you don’t like them let them be 

23 hours ago, Westernwizard7 said:

If county have allowed him to play surely its fine. Like I said before we should all be worrying bout are own clubs rather than other trying to get the same out of football. If you don’t like them let them be 

So the CCFA issued a 3 game suspension in May, and then for no reason whatsoever sanctioned for that to be completely wiped off a few weeks later and actually moved dates to make it work in the club’s favor and you don’t think that’s slightly underhand at all? 

a straight red card and they waive it? Never seen this in my time in Cornish football 

18 minutes ago, Sijames said:

So the CCFA issued a 3 game suspension in May, and then for no reason whatsoever sanctioned for that to be completely wiped off a few weeks later and actually moved dates to make it work in the club’s favor and you don’t think that’s slightly underhand at all? 

a straight red card and they waive it? Never seen this in my time in Cornish football 

So that you understand fully and completely what has gone on with this situation, I would seriously suggest you contact the Cornwall Football Association so that they can explain it all to you.

They are very accommodating and helpful and I'm sure they would be happy to discuss it with you.

The Cornwall FA Office is open from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday

During this time you can contact the office line on 01208 269010

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

My flower this isn’t a conspiracy to take over Cornish football. It’s a club providing a place for people to play just like every other clubs in the county is. I really do suggest you just get on with volunteering at your own club or whatever you do within local football. Theres more serious things in life to be upset bout. 

all the best to dropship this season, not everyone you come across will be so negative.