Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Premier South and appropriate FA Trophy ties for Saturday 7 September 2024

PREMIER SOUTH
AFC Totton   2-2 Basingstoke Town
Bracknell Town   1-1    Havant & Waterlooville
Chertsey Town   3-3    Winchester City
Dorchester Town    4-0    Frome Town
Gosport Borough    3-0    Tiverton Town
Marlow    1-2    Gloucester City
Merthyr Town        3-0    Sholing
Plymouth Parkway 1-2 Walton & Hersham
Swindon Supermarine       5-0    Poole Town
Taunton Town        3-3    Hanwell Town
Wimborne Town   2-1    Hungerford Town

FA TROPHY
FIRST ROUND QUALIFYING (a selection)

Bashley  1-1  Mousehole 
(7-6 to Bashley on pens)
Bemerton Heath Harlequins 0-5 Yate Town
Bideford 2-0 Malvern Town
Bristol Manor Farm 3-2 Westbury United
Exmouth Town 4-1 Kidlington
Falmouth Town 3-0 Cinderford Town
Helston Athletic 1-1 Melksham Town
(3-2 to Melksham on pens)
Shaftesbury 0-1 North Leigh
Tavistock 3-2 Larkhall Athletic
Thatcham Town 2-4 Evesham United
Willand Rovers 0-2 Bishop’s Cleeve

• Dave Deacon changed the title to FIXTURES - Premier South and appropriate FA Trophy ties for Saturday 7 September 2024

Parkway 1 Walton and hersham 2. 

A Game  played in horrible conditions with torrential rain throughout.
Luckily I watched it all in the dry on Walton you tube channel who streamed the whole game excellent coverage by the way. 

in a scrappy game that parkway dominated possession mainly at the back without really knowing what to do when they got in any attacking area  they found them self’s undone by some  very good finishing from the Walton striker ( I think that 7 goals already for him.he  Looks a quality striker how parkway could do with him . 
a couple of others that stood out both right backs for parkway and Walton were very good. Especially Walton who handled Dylan jones well. 
also rio Garside who was busy and worked hard. Suprised to see him subbed off 

you do look at the spine of the team in white , Brett and wright. and experienced as it is  it does lack that bit of pace and energy  , Matt wright especially who seem to spend more time arguing with officials then touches  

parkway chased for the equaliser and unfortunately Mikey Williams was sent off for what originally looked a really bad challenge but looking again he slipped when trying to shoot and caught the player high up   

Regroup and go again Tuesday with another tough game .  A win needed somewhere soon 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Premier South and appropriate FA Trophy ties for Saturday 7 September 2024
On 07/09/2024 at 20:24, sportsman10 said:

Parkway 1 Walton and hersham 2. 

A Game  played in horrible conditions with torrential rain throughout.
Luckily I watched it all in the dry on Walton you tube channel who streamed the whole game excellent coverage by the way. 

in a scrappy game that parkway dominated possession mainly at the back without really knowing what to do when they got in any attacking area  they found them self’s undone by some  very good finishing from the Walton striker ( I think that 7 goals already for him.he  Looks a quality striker how parkway could do with him . 
a couple of others that stood out both right backs for parkway and Walton were very good. Especially Walton who handled Dylan jones well. 
also rio Garside who was busy and worked hard. Suprised to see him subbed off 

you do look at the spine of the team in white , Brett and wright. and experienced as it is  it does lack that bit of pace and energy  , Matt wright especially who seem to spend more time arguing with officials then touches  

parkway chased for the equaliser and unfortunately Mikey Williams was sent off for what originally looked a really bad challenge but looking again he slipped when trying to shoot and caught the player high up   

Regroup and go again Tuesday with another tough game .  A win needed somewhere soon 

As it so often the case at step 3 and above, top class strikers like Walton's Dawid Rogalski (who scored both the goals) make the difference. Not very many of them around, everybody wants them and they're not cheap. Parkway have been searching since Ben Seymour moved on.

1 hour ago, mattelot said:

With Jack Crago scoring again for Helston on Saturday maybe it's time for him to be recalled from his loan.Although now cuptied for the FA Trophy.

Listening to the interview after the game jack will be on the bench Tuesday as parkway  are light on numbers then he will be sent back to helston on loan.  Penny for jacks thoughts on it all.  Seems Matt really wants him and parkway not so much. 

1 hour ago, Ian Pethick said:

As it so often the case at step 3 and above, top class strikers like Walton's Dawid Rogalski (who scored both the goals) make the difference. Not very many of them around, everybody wants them and they're not cheap. Parkway have been searching since Ben Seymour moved on.

He looked a proper top class player rogalski as did the young right back marking Dylan jones.  Shows you the level your up against. 

3 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Listening to the interview after the game jack will be on the bench Tuesday as parkway  are light on numbers then he will be sent back to helston on loan.  Penny for jacks thoughts on it all.  Seems Matt really wants him and parkway not so much. 

He looked a proper top class player rogalski as did the young right back marking Dylan jones.  Shows you the level your up against. 

Crago probably on more money at Helston so reluctant to go back.He must of been really buzzing to play in front of that huge crowd of 78 on Saturday though.

1 minute ago, mattelot said:

Crago probably on more money at Helston so reluctant to go back.He must of been really buzzing to play in front of that huge crowd of 78 on Saturday though.

The last time they declared a crowd like that it was refuted by Matt Cusack on the Rappo & Deacs podcast as a mistake.  Maybe they miscounted again.  Don't agree with gloating over this as I am sure Helston try hard to get their crowd numbers up, but it is certainly a struggle for them to get people through the gate at the moment for some reason.

15 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

The last time they declared a crowd like that it was refuted by Matt Cusack on the Rappo & Deacs podcast as a mistake.  Maybe they miscounted again.  Don't agree with gloating over this as I am sure Helston try hard to get their crowd numbers up, but it is certainly a struggle for them to get people through the gate at the moment for some reason.

I know very few teams have lots of "local" lads in it, and I understand it gets harder as you move through the leagues.  But I think an issue is that possibly only 1 or 2 have Cornish postcodes, where as only a few years ago the entire team were Helston based.

JW

18 minutes ago, Jeremy Wade said:

I know very few teams have lots of "local" lads in it, and I understand it gets harder as you move through the leagues.  But I think an issue is that possibly only 1 or 2 have Cornish postcodes, where as only a few years ago the entire team were Helston based.

JW

Surely, if you support a club, you support them irrespective of where the players come from.

11 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

To be fair how many local players represent Truro ? They get 1600 through the gate . I do feel sorry for Matt. He built an excellent team playing well. that could go up again but it looks like it’s not appreciated in the area. 
Be tough to keep him 

Helston & Truro is like comparing Apples & Oranges.  And as stated in my comment i am very much aware it gets harder as you progress through the leagues.

58 minutes ago, Town Fan said:

Surely, if you support a club, you support them irrespective of where the players come from.

That's a fair comment 100%...im just making an observation.  When they (Helston) had a team of local players I'm pretty sure their gates were higher.

JW

Helston have had a similar growth to Tavistock and what used to be £5 entry 3/4 years ago is now £10.

As a fan of course I understand why prices have to increase but I think it’s harder for clubs to grow their attendances when they’re now charging £10.

20 minutes ago, Tavi Fan said:

Helston have had a similar growth to Tavistock and what used to be £5 entry 3/4 years ago is now £10.

As a fan of course I understand why prices have to increase but I think it’s harder for clubs to grow their attendances when they’re now charging £10.

Isn’t that generally the price for that level of football. You can’t expect to bring in better squads and facilities for 5 quid a game. 

40 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Isn’t that generally the price for that level of football. You can’t expect to bring in better squads and facilities for 5 quid a game. 

Yeah as I mentioned I understand that as I’m a supporter of the club.

The point I was trying to make was it’s probably more difficult to make the more casual fans attend on a regular basis with the increase in pricing.

37 minutes ago, John Thomas Allcock said:

I'm hearing that Bashley might be forced to replay their FA Trophy tie against Mousehole after fielding an ineligible player. Nowt solid so far but from reliable sources 😁💚👍

https://x.com/MouseholeAFC/status/1834304419376033818

Also the Thatcham v Evesham tie for the same reasons.