WEST
Dobwalls       1-1       Penzance
Millbrook       2-2       Bodmin Town
Newquay       3-1      Launceston
St Day          3-1       Holsworthy
Wadebridge Town       6-1       Sticker
Wendron United       7-0       Camelford

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 7 September 2024

Dont know if this is the right place to  report the Newquay 3-1 win Launceston match but here goes , this was a hard fought win Newquay went 1-0 up from a blockbuster free kick from only person who hits free kicks like he does Cam TURNER didnt give Lewis Slade in the Launceston goal a hope .  

2nd Half Launceston came out meaning business but Brodie Cole  was equal to all of the pressure Launceston applied, Andy Watkins was having a fine game and was causing Newquay some problems but on the other wing Jacob Grange was given the full back a torid time , he has been doing that all season so far ,

Callam Mcconie scored a absolutly brilliant goal a great lob over Lewis Slade but he was flagged up for offside .

Launceston Goalie Slade was having a brilliant game pulling off save after save but dont get me  wrong Launceston had there chances but Brodie was in top form . 

Time for subs for  Newquay and  1 was striker Louis PRICE and Louis does what he does best scores goals , 

Launceston pulled a goal back from a scramble think Louis YOUNG got the final touch but i thought Brodie was impeded getting the ball .

Time for Louis to get his 2nd goal what a cracker to make it 3-1 to make it the final score and surprise i got the score right for a change .

Ok my MOM not the usual suspects like Louis Cam or Jacob but a new boy who got through a lot of hard graft breaking up Launcestons attack im going for LUCAS POTTS 1 st class performance easier for Launceston LEWIS SLADE did some brilliant saves .

This was a performance of future champions hardwork and graft by a fine Newquay side 

The ref and assitants where excellent .

Crowd not so big as usual sign the visitors have gone home 

Well done Newquay and Launceston will do well this year got a good team there with a very good manager even though he did play in the cup final for Watford instead of my team Plymouth . Look forward to listening to Neil PRICE on the Podcast  again soon i hope hes honest tells it how it is and doesnt mince his words and i like his London Accent .

Well done to both teams for putting on a good entertaining match . 

My next match on 28th Sept wont be up Newquay when they play Camelford but hopefully if im out of Bodmin Hospital in time i will be going to Wadebridge to see them play Wendron so dont sell all those lovely Pasties put 1 back for me 

Thankyou