Cornwall Football Forum

RESULT - Saturday 14 September 2024

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULT - Saturday 14 September 2024
On 13/09/2024 at 13:26, Dave Deacon said:

FA CUP
Second Round Qualifying

Truro City    0-2    Brackley Town

3rd season in a row that City have gone out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle. You have to go back to 2021/22 for the last win in in this competition (Exmouth Town in the 1st qualifying round).

This sounded like a pretty tame defeat, and a chance of a bit of glory (not to mention prize money) blown.

Happens at most clubs for the cup, the further you go the better the crowds, though strangely I do know of several people that would normally have been at the rec that went to Langarth and loved it, saying they would be back which is encouraging.

I don't really understand the obsession with Truro's attendances as it seems to get brought up weekly.

5 hours ago, The Town Man said:

Counter attraction at The Rec' 3000+   Redruth v Camborne

Doubt this would make much impact really!

17 minutes ago, Railwayman in Exile said:

I don't really understand the obsession with Truro's attendances as it seems to get brought up weekly.

You know what it's like, people ready to knock a club and so can't wait to see the attendances at Truro drop! It'll be a while before we really get to know what their regular attendance figure is likely to be.

20 minutes ago, St Darren said:

The rest that are there are just curious any what’s going on and neutrals. 

Which was always going to happen with it being a new ground.

Having said that, I have been surprised with the attendances so far.

The club seems happy with the number of season tickets sold.

Going forward, it'll be interesting to see how the gate is affected should there be a blip in performances on the pitch. Let's hope we don't have to worry about that!

10 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Which was always going to happen with it being a new ground.

Having said that, I have been surprised with the attendances so far.

The club seems happy with the number of season tickets sold.

Going forward, it'll be interesting to see how the gate is affected should there be a blip in performances on the pitch. Let's hope we don't have to worry about that!

I agree. The attendances have been higher than expected.  Decent home games to start and decent weather early on helped as well as the results.  

when Torquay come then I’d imagine there would be over 2000 there as they would being a few hundred as well so will be interesting to see how the ground copes with that with regards to admission

3rd straight defeat and no goals in any of them. Understand the performances, particularly against Bath and Eastbourne were promising. 

Moving forward I would like to see Ox loan extended, been very impressive so far.