Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 14 September 2024

The Emirates FA Cup, Second Round Qualifier Round (a selection)             
Bath City         2-1         Merthyr Town
Bishops Cleeve           3-0          Torquay United
Frome Town    0-1          Larkhall Athletic
Gosport Borough        2-2         Gloucester City
Melksham Town          1-1          Banbury United
Oxford City      6-0          Willand Rovers
Plymouth Parkway     4-3          Westbury United
Poole Town     2-3          Taunton Town
Sholing            1-4          Weymouth
Wimborne Town          0-2          Weston-super-Mare
Winchester City          1-1          Hungerford Town
Worthing          3-2          Havant & Waterlooville

PREMIER SOUTH
Dorchester Town   3-2   AFC Totton

DIVISION ONE SOUTH
Cinderford Town   1-6  Bristol Manor Farm
Didcot Town   1-0   Cribbs
Evesham Utd  2-2  Bemerton Heath Harlequins
Exmouth Town   2-0   Yate Town
Falmouth Town   1-0   Thatcham Town
Helston Athletic   2-1   Bideford
Shaftesbury   2-2   Bashley

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 14 September 2024

Parkway need to take some of this cup form into the league   Not sure if it’s just because it’s been lower league  opponent's in the cup  or the Pressure off 

but they have  definitely found the shooting boots in it   
2 very difficult away games in the league now 

Jack crago scoring another 2 for helston including a brilliant individual winner won’t help the pressure to get him back in to the team.  

6 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Slightly off radar, but none the less, somewhat surprising..

Bishops Cleeve 3 Torquay Utd 0

So much for the bouncing back theory?

Paul Wotton had a couldn't care less attitude towards cup games at Truro and that transmitted itself into a poor record in knockout games. Is this being taken to Plainmoor too. Their fans will not accept too many humiliations like this!

4 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Parkway need to take some of this cup form into the league   Not sure if it’s just because it’s been lower league  opponent's in the cup  or the Pressure off 

but they have  definitely found the shooting boots in it   
2 very difficult away games in the league now 

Jack crago scoring another 2 for helston including a brilliant individual winner won’t help the pressure to get him back in to the team.  

Probably highlights the gap in quality between the Southern Prem and Southern Div 1. Chris McPhee spoke about his players having to shut out the "white noise" at Bolitho when they went to the break 2-1 down.,bit of discontent amongst the supporters?

2 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

Probably highlights the gap in quality between the Southern Prem and Southern Div 1. Chris McPhee spoke about his players having to shut out the "white noise" at Bolitho when they went to the break 2-1 down.,bit of discontent amongst the supporters?

To be fair the red card changed the game.Westbury where On top  

4 minutes ago, Bobby Thomas said:

Looking on Mousehole AFV twitter page, it states,  they are playing Bashley at home in the 1st round of the cup.

As a replay.

If i recollect,  Bashley beat Mousehole on penalties.

Does anyone know the reason for this ...?

I think Bashley played an ineligible player. So it been replayed. 

5 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Paul Wotton had a couldn't care less attitude towards cup games at Truro and that transmitted itself into a poor record in knockout games. Is this being taken to Plainmoor too. Their fans will not accept too many humiliations like this!

My old man went to watch. His round up said Torquay were lucky it was only 3-0. Cleeves keeper made one good save all game.

Torquay arrived at 2.20. Warmed up for 15 minutes (keepy ups apparently) and attitude from the players was atrocious.

We've had some awful FA Cup games down the years, but this one topped the lot!

13 minutes ago, DJH said:

My old man went to watch. His round up said Torquay were lucky it was only 3-0. Cleeves keeper made one good save all game.

Torquay arrived at 2.20. Warmed up for 15 minutes (keepy ups apparently) and attitude from the players was atrocious.

We've had some awful FA Cup games down the years, but this one topped the lot!

Can't see D.O.F. Neil Warnock being happy with any of that.

1 hour ago, Bobby Thomas said:

I thought, if you played an illegible player, the team would usually be disqualified,  from cup.

Anyhow ,its 4 hrs in good traffic from Bashley to Mousehole. 

So a long day/ night for them , this Tuesday!

Apparently it was a technicality..so probably deemed not be bashleys fault but game needs to be replayed

2 hours ago, bighairydave said:

Because they are technically still at fault? Would be harsh to make Mousehole travel again. Imagine competition rules state the replayed game is played on the non-defaulting teams ground.

Apart from the eventual winner on the night going through to the next round, with the midweek travelling costs, the attendance possibly nothing special, and presumably both sides having to share the match costs - surely it would be fairer for the club who fell foul of the technicality to forfeit the game?

4 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Apart from the eventual winner on the night going through to the next round, with the midweek travelling costs, the attendance possibly nothing special, and presumably both sides having to share the match costs - surely it would be fairer for the club who fell foul of the technicality to forfeit the game?

Unless they were told the player could play and then it came about that the advice was incorrect?

5 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

With the prize money increases as the deeper into the competition, I'm not sure anyone would want to just forfeit the opportunity. And from an integrity point of view the FA will want to distribute the prize money on sporting merit instead of technicalities. 

16 minutes ago, TheOpinionoftheReferee said:

With the prize money increases as the deeper into the competition, I'm not sure anyone would want to just forfeit the opportunity. And from an integrity point of view the FA will want to distribute the prize money on sporting merit instead of technicalities. 

Therefore the Fa should get it correct in the first place then.Eitherntheyve played an illegal player deliberately (doesn't seem they have) or the Fa have told them the player can play....when in fact they couldnt

This guy is a journo on BBC Radio Solent. His original Tweet and the replies provide an explanation (I have no inside information but given his credentials he’s presumably a reliable source). 

Just now, Gary Hocking said:

This guy is a journo on BBC Radio Solent. His original Tweet and the replies provide an explanation (I have no inside information but given his credentials he’s presumably a reliable source). 

If that link didn't work search for @CliffPledge on Twitter

1 hour ago, Footy follower said:

Therefore the Fa should get it correct in the first place then.Eitherntheyve played an illegal player deliberately (doesn't seem they have) or the Fa have told them the player can play....when in fact they couldnt

I don't think it's either of those things. 

The player was eligible under the terms of his loan agreement. There appears to have been an administrative breakdown in the process that confirms he can playin the competition.

On 15/09/2024 at 17:01, Ian Pethick said:

We didn't hear anything stood at the clubhouse end, but Matt Wright did have words with the group of old boys who sit at the back of the stand at full time, saying that 'some of these lot haven't got a thick skin like I have', so presumably there were some, let's say opinions, shared at the break.

11 hours ago, tfenlon said:

We didn't hear anything stood at the clubhouse end, but Matt Wright did have words with the group of old boys who sit at the back of the stand at full time, saying that 'some of these lot haven't got a thick skin like I have', so presumably there were some, let's say opinions, shared at the break.

There still a fairly heavy hard core of Lee Hobbs support still at the club. And they don’t really have the patience for what they are seeing at the minute. 

On 18/09/2024 at 14:05, sportsman10 said:

There still a fairly heavy hard core of Lee Hobbs support still at the club. And they don’t really have the patience for what they are seeing at the minute. 

That was always going to be the problem for Chris McPhee, or indeed anybody who got the Parkway job. Lee Hobbs casts a long shadow over the club, understandably so as he was in charge during the club's rapid ascent from mid table step 6 to step 3. As long as they're not winning, the rumblings and discontent will only grow. 

1 hour ago, Ian Pethick said:

That was always going to be the problem for Chris McPhee, or indeed anybody who got the Parkway job. Lee Hobbs casts a long shadow over the club, understandably so as he was in charge during the club's rapid ascent from mid table step 6 to step 3. As long as they're not winning, the rumblings and discontent will only grow. 

I think the problem is more the way he wants to play football from the couple of times I've seen them.Tedious and not effective