Buckland Athletic   7-0   Paulton Rovers
Clevedon Town   1-1    Oldland Abbotonians
Ivybridge Town    0-1    Shepton Mallet
Saltash United        1-4    Portishead Town
St Blazey    0-2    Bridgwater United
Street        2-1    AFC St Austell
Torpoint Athletic   2-3    Wellington

St.Blazey 0 - 2 Bridgewater.

Two first half goals settled this hard fought fixture.

Defences on both sides kept scoring opportunities to a minium.

Cornish clubs now occupy four of the bottom places an indication of the struggles ahead, maybe.

But looking at the positives it was a lovely weather for watching so much so that the crowd was minimal, many on the beach ⛱️.

3 Bs for Saltash

Battered, bullied, beaten.

Portishead were very good in fairness. Never really at the races despite an early goal from Jack Jefford. Some days just don't go your way by circumstances but when you're facing a good side who should be top 5/6 come the end you have to magnanimous. Factor in 2 tough games before and there we are. 

Lovely people-Jean their sec is delight - a good friend made there and I think there'll be some very sore heads in Portishead tomorrow from their supporters. Just one question - I thought Posset was a desert for posh people!!!! Still if they want to cheer for a desert who are we to complain! 

Still trying to work out who Vera was/is who Barnie shout for! 🤣🤣🤣

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 14 September 2024

Slates and Brokes at a wedding, any team would miss those guys quality, quite a few out, good effort 1-2 away against the league leaders I’d agree with Deacs. No need for our teams to panic yet I don’t think, tough league but reckon they’ll all hold their own. If they’re all bottom 4/5 bout March then let’s worry then!!? 🤔😀👍

St Blazey 0v2 Bridgwater. Att.132

Another encouraging start for St Blazey. Looked in control and forcing the game. 

But after 20 minutes we dropped off, the pace of the game dropped off and with their only two shots on target they had scored twice. 

Second half St Blazey huffed and puffed without really creating much until late on when they hit the bar and had other efforts on goal. But it was to little to late. 

Poor crowd again which was disappointing. Better weather and with little days like this left to enjoy, I'd imagine several choose other options.

Despite the defeat, the atmosphere after in the club between the players was very good. Karaoke king has to go to Jaffa Rowe. If they can turn that team spirit into performances on the pitch there's every chance of turning results around.

Next up, a mid week trip to Ilfracombe!! For anyone who knows, it might be in Devon, but it might as well be on the moon!! Hell of a trip and only the hardy supporters will be looking forward to it. 😂

22 hours ago, Paul said:

Another encouraging start for St Blazey. Looked in control and forcing the game. 

But after 20 minutes we dropped off, the pace of the game dropped off and with their only two shots on target they had scored twice. 

Second half St Blazey huffed and puffed without really creating much until late on when they hit the bar and had other efforts on goal. But it was to little to late. 

Poor crowd again which was disappointing. Better weather and with little days like this left to enjoy, I'd imagine several choose other options.

Despite the defeat, the atmosphere after in the club between the players was very good. Karaoke king has to go to Jaffa Rowe. If they can turn that team spirit into performances on the pitch there's every chance of turning results around.

Next up, a mid week trip to Ilfracombe!! For anyone who knows, it might be in Devon, but it might as well be on the moon!! Hell of a trip and only the hardy supporters will be looking forward to it. 😂

I live in Devon now and it still is the most hellish trip, especially midweek.  From my house it is a 98 mile trip despite being in the same county! Kudos to any Blazey followers making the trip. Safe travels!

22 hours ago, Paul said:

Lovely road upto ilfracombe Paul. Beware of the potholes in the dark mate.

4 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

I live in Devon now and it still is the most hellish trip, especially midweek.  From my house it is a 98 mile trip despite being in the same county! Kudos to any Blazey followers making the trip. Safe travels!

Remember well the trip to Ilfracombe with Parkway in the FA Vase of 2011/12.

Took bloody hours to get there on the coach, a club official told the Bald One as soon as he got off the bus that "he had his eye on him as a potential trouble maker", Parkway kicked off with 10 in the driving rain (or so I remember) as Dennis Mason got lost on the way to the ground and finished with 9 as Glyn Hobbs got sent off for an elbow in the 1st half to be followed by Sam Chitty late in the 2nd. Ilfracombe scored the only goal from the resulting penalty. It was then a long and miserable trip home. No wish to ever go back there.

Last season we got to Ilfracombe, dropped the kit off, went upstairs to order a drink and something to eat when the electric went off. 45 minutes later, Western power tell the club power won't be restored until 8pm so home we went. Back we went again some time later only to loose 1v0 after dominating the game until we had a player sent off. 

The reward this season is a mid weeker!! 😂

Only another 7 away games and it'll be 8 years since Ive missed an away game and only 1 missed in 9. 

The best bit about the one I missed was a 2v3 win at Newquay. I went to every other away game that season and they never won any!! 

Whilst I missed that away win, I went to watch Argyle and they lost 0v3!! 😂

Just a heads up, the A361 from Barnstaple to Ilfracombe shuts from today for drainage improvements close to Mullacott roundabout. It's a 24hr closure for a couple of weeks....

Factor in issues with North Devon Link road with overnight closures from 8pm for long sections and us getting home at 1am may appear like a early night. 😟

On 15/09/2024 at 20:20, Ian Pethick said:

Remember well the trip to Ilfracombe with Parkway in the FA Vase of 2011/12.

Took bloody hours to get there on the coach, a club official told the Bald One as soon as he got off the bus that "he had his eye on him as a potential trouble maker", Parkway kicked off with 10 in the driving rain (or so I remember) as Dennis Mason got lost on the way to the ground and finished with 9 as Glyn Hobbs got sent off for an elbow in the 1st half to be followed by Sam Chitty late in the 2nd. Ilfracombe scored the only goal from the resulting penalty. It was then a long and miserable trip home. No wish to ever go back there.

I remember it well. The urinal with a bucket under it lol. We had a few too many ciders and on the coach going home singing que sera sera what ever will be will be , we re not going to Wembleyyyyy. It was deeply frowned upon. Awful coach trip , rubbish footy , but we enjoyed our day out ha ha. I'm sure you did not even get a round in that day Way of the park.