DIVISION ONE SOUTH
Didcot Town    1-0   Westbury United
Willand Rovers    4-0    Cribbs

FA TROPHY
Second Rd Qualifying

Exmouth Town        1-2    Horndean
Mousehole   3-1  Falmouth Town
Tavistock    3-0    North Leigh

Parkway hammered embarrassingly 9-3 away to hungerford .  Not sure where you start with that.  
Lee Hobbs kept parkway up last season by the  skin of their  teeth with a squad 10 times better then the one McPhee built so I guess it tells you were parkway are.  Probably a mid table western league team out of their depth at present.  
doesn't get any easier with a midweek trip to Poole.  Going have to dig deep to get the heads up for that.  

13 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Parkway hammered embarrassingly 9-3 away to hungerford .  Not sure where you start with that.  
Lee Hobbs kept parkway up last season by the  skin of their  teeth with a squad 10 times better then the one McPhee built so I guess it tells you were parkway are.  Probably a mid table western league team out of their depth at present.  
doesn't get any easier with a midweek trip to Poole.  Going have to dig deep to get the heads up for that.  

How much longer will Mark Russell put up with this? 

20 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

How much longer will Mark Russell put up with this? 

I guess he has to see it through. He wanted to go down the youth project. And the money not there to compete I don’t think I’m this league.
But I can’t see many of the loyal fans putting up with watching this for to much longer. 
The defence isn’t good enough hasn’t been all season  the midfield is to weak and apart from Dylan jones it’s poor up front   
How crago can’t get in this team is just ridiculous 

14 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

I guess he has to see it through. He wanted to go down the youth project. And the money not there to compete I don’t think I’m this league.
But I can’t see many of the loyal fans putting up with watching this for to much longer. 
The defence isn’t good enough hasn’t been all season  the midfield is to weak and apart from Dylan jones it’s poor up front   

Chris McPhee's post match interview will make for a good watch. Doubt he'll use the word "progress" in this one...🙄

Lee Hobbs kept parkway up last season by the  skin of their  teeth with a squad 10 times better then the one McPhee built so I guess it tells you were parkway are.  Probably a mid table western league team out of their depth at present.  

Here in the US we would call this result  a ‘Right Spanking’  

5 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Difficult to go down the youth project when there is no U18 team. Highest age group is U16, all of whom are currently too young to be included in the first team.

I think it was more bringing in McPhee and his links to Exeter city  youth players was the approach they wanted to go down.  
unfortunately In that league u need more then that. 
it been tough for him from the start to be fair. The signing of Brett , scarff etc were not his signings. He struggled to get his way of playing across. Crago a fans favourite been banished when the team in need of  goals. He dropped Calum Rose even when the teams shipping goals. He had 3 or 4 keepers all ready  and he doesn’t seem to know who his best midfield is. 
The worrying think is Hungerford we’re down around the bottom and they took parkway apart midweek away to poole could be vey tough and another hammering  unless the manager can get heads up and and performance out of them. 

11 hours ago, quiksilver said:

Money pulled from parkway compared to previous seasons hence the ‘youth’ approach. Unfortunately can no longer ‘afford’ to compete at this level. As said before lower southern league div 1 or western league quality at best currently 

There’s nothing worse than clubs spending money on players beyond their means. So be it, if Plymouth Parkway get relegated this season, better than overspending and staying up, as your then on the financial back foot for the following season and may be more. Early days, a 9-3 loss looks terrible, buts it’s only 3 points and could be a turning point for the club.

Is this Parkways biggest defeat ever? I have not been these last 2 seasons but followed the all 13 years before, many seasons home and away spending several thousand quid during that time. I see posts on Facebook for the Managers head and bring back Hobbs. There was going to come a time where Parkway peaked and found their level of footy. In my humble opinion I feel that this league is a step too far competing for mid table. This league is a money talks league. Mark is a business man and will not throw money at it just to too struggle to stay up  _ which is the correct decision to me. Fans don't like too see their team lose on a regular basis  , I get that. By the way I did not stop going because of their poor results, I was there years 13 ago when Parkway were not the top dogs. Through good times and bad myself and Way of the Park would travel Saturdays and dark wet evenings to support. When we took 20 fans away, we were there. Over the passed few years Parkway have a newer fan base that have only known the good times. Amongst them are Facebook moaners. 

Sometimes you have to accept that it is what it is. Running the club into big debts is not the answer.

If they did get relegated,  is that such a bad thing ? Just look at the big local games that would bring.

The season is in the early stages so hang in there and see what happens.

16 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Is this Parkways biggest defeat ever? I have not been these last 2 seasons but followed the all 13 years before, many seasons home and away spending several thousand quid during that time. I see posts on Facebook for the Managers head and bring back Hobbs. There was going to come a time where Parkway peaked and found their level of footy. In my humble opinion I feel that this league is a step too far competing for mid table. This league is a money talks league. Mark is a business man and will not throw money at it just to too struggle to stay up  _ which is the correct decision to me. Fans don't like too see their team lose on a regular basis  , I get that. By the way I did not stop going because of their poor results, I was there years 13 ago when Parkway were not the top dogs. Through good times and bad myself and Way of the Park would travel Saturdays and dark wet evenings to support. When we took 20 fans away, we were there. Over the passed few years Parkway have a newer fan base that have only known the good times. Amongst them are Facebook moaners. 

Sometimes you have to accept that it is what it is. Running the club into big debts is not the answer.

If they did get relegated,  is that such a bad thing ? Just look at the big local games that would bring.

The season is in the early stages so hang in there and see what happens.

Well said. Football is very cyclical, no club has a right to see continous upward trajectory season after season. The low years often follow the years of highs. As my good friend has said above, there is now a group of Parkway supporters who only know the good times. If the club has to take a step or two back to keep going on a sustainable footing (and that would mean relegation), be interesting to see how they react. Supporters like The Bald One, who were there on miserable February afternoons and evenings at places like Witheridge and Camelford, will be the ones they need now.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 21 September 2024
9 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Very odd after match  interview from McPhee. Seems to start by suggesting they are not strong enough to compete in the league. ( youngsters he brought in ) and then spend the majority of the interview blaming the officials for decisions . How can the ref be to blame for losing 9-3 ???

Accusing his players of not fancying the physical stuff, and then spending quite a chunk of a 6 minute interview having a go at the referee. Starting to sound, dare I say it, a bit Lee Hobbs.