Middlezoy Rovers       1-3  Crediton United
Stoke Gabriel & T P   4-2   Cullompton Rangers

WEST 
Bude Town      3-0     Truro City Reserves
Penzance       2-0     Holsworthy

FA VASE
Bishops Lydeard        2-3     Radstock Town
Bridport       3-1     Brockenhurst
Buckland Athletic    2-2     Callington Town (Buckland win 3-1 on pens)

Elburton Villa       H/W   Axminster Town
Honiton Town       0-2      Torpoint Athletic
IlfracombeTown      2-2      Bovey Tracey (Ilfracombe win on pens 5-4)
Okehampton Argyle     4-0      Millbrook
Paulton Rovers       3-0    Torridgeside
Wadebridge Town       0-1   Bodmin Town
Wellington       1-3    Sidmouth Town
Wendron United      4-4     St Blazey (Wendron win 4-2 on pens)

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 21 September 2024

A beautiful sunny day at Broadclose Park as Bude played host to Truro reserves looking for their first home win of the season. 
The first half was pretty scrappy, no real domination from either side with few clear chances to get excited about. However that changed when Rocco Dyer collected a neat pass and raced through on goal. I actually thought he should have taken a shot a bit earlier than he did, but such is his confidence, he decided to take the ball in until the chasing defender was just about to tackle him and then knocked it into the corner.   A composed finish and a 1 nil lead for Bude at halftime. 
The second half was pretty much all Bude. Truro had their chances, but I can’t really remember the keeper having much to do. Bude on the other hand got in behind the Truro defence on numerous occasions and troubled the back line. Budes pressure was rewarded with 2 further goals as George Harvey and Rocco Dyer (again) scored to take the game beyond Truro. 
A deserved victory for a team that has been working hard this season to get their just rewards. 

The players and management should rightly feel proud of the result today and hopefully this is a stepping stone to a few more victories. 

The new stand was used at todays game for the first time, and I can confirm (from first hand experience), it is excellent. 

Something else which is important to mention, as Bude in the past have been the target of some on here. The club invited all sponsors along to todays match, allowed a +1, issued drinks vouchers, laid on a crackin spread of food at halftime and generally made a fuss of them.
An absolutely fantastic show of appreciation from the club to those who support it. They don’t need to do that, every penny is vital to a club like Bude but they paid something back to their supporters today. 
Well done 👏🏻👏🏻

PENZANCE 2 HOLSWORTHY 0
Patience during a cagey first 45 minutes following by a very strong second half performance enabled Penzance to extend their unbeaten run to six matches, moving them to within two points of early leaders Newquay at the business end of the table.
A quiet opening yielded few chances. Mikey Flores, returning in goal for Penzance after missing two games through injury, did well to keep out a skidding cross-come-shot from teenage Holsworthy right-back Callum Martyn. At the other end, a powerful Charlie Young header from a Charlie Willis corner was blocked.
Just before the turnaround, the home side created their first two clear chances. Playing his first game since the August win at Wendron, Lewis Caspall made an electrifying burst through the heart of the Holsworthy defence before being denied by a fine low save from Ryan Chadwick. Ryan Townson, on his home debut, then fizzed a shot inches wide of the far post.
Townson was replaced at the break by Jacob Trudgeon, and the substitute made an immediate impact, feeding a pass wide to Archie Reynolds. The overlapping right-back back’s drilled centre was converted at the near post by Caspall, his first goal for the first team since returning to the club.
This eye-catching opener cued a hugely impressive spell for the home side who wowed the crowd with some fine football. On the hour, Sam Young sprayed a long cross-field pass to Sullivan wide on the left, and Curtis Smith was just off target with a glancing header from the left-back’s cross. The deserved second goal arrived in the 68th minute, Sullivan heading his sixth of the season from a Willis corner.
Sullivan was only denied a seventh by the cross-bar as Penzance serenely negotiated the final twenty minutes, their task being helped by the dismissal of Holsworthy’s Jay Thomas for a second bookable offence. “Today was one where we knew we needed to be patient,” said home manager Mark Vercesi. “We knew we would see a lot of the ball. We knew they would be more defensive minded – they’ve got a great defensive record – one of the best in the League. We knew they would have a lot of men behind the ball and we would need to be patient - and we were.”
Penzance: Mikey Flores, Archie Reynolds, Silas Sullivan (Rolandos Samnauskas 77), Sam Young, Liam Andrew, Tyler Tonkin (Captain), Ryan Townson (Jacob Trudgeon 46), Charlie Willis, Charlie Young, Lewis Caspall, Curtis Smith (Ewan Trevains 72). Unused sub: Mark Vercesi
Holsworthy: Ryan Chadwick, Callum Martyn, Cory Sargent, Ollie Moores, Jedd Peschke (Captain), Sam Hill, Gavin Carter, Aiden Slades, Blake Shapland, Jay Thomas, Max McDonald. Subs: Lewis Haxill, Sam Jago, Jacob Nosworthy
Referee: Stephen McCullough
Assistants: Chris Jones, Stuart Bowden
Attendance: 100

Post Match Interview with Mark Vercesi: 

12 hours ago, Scott Foley - The Jam Tart said:

A beautiful sunny day at Broadclose Park as Bude played host to Truro reserves looking for their first win of the season. 
The first half was pretty scrappy, no real domination from either side with few clear chances to get excited about. However that changed when Rocco Dyer collected a neat pass and raced through on goal. I actually thought he should have taken a shot a bit earlier than he did, but such is his confidence, he decided to take the ball in until the chasing defender was just about to tackle him and then knocked it into the corner.   A composed finish and a 1 nil lead for Bude at halftime. 
The second half was pretty much all Bude. Truro had their chances, but I can’t really remember the keeper having much to do. Bude on the other hand got in behind the Truro defence on numerous occasions and troubled the back line. Budes pressure was rewarded with 2 further goals as George Harvey and Rocco Dyer (again) scored to take the game beyond Truro. 
A deserved victory for a team that has been working hard this season to get their just rewards. 

The players and management should rightly feel proud of the result today and hopefully this is a stepping stone to a few more victories. 

The new stand was used at todays game for the first time, and I can confirm (from first hand experience), it is excellent. 

Something else which is important to mention, as Bude in the past have been the target of some on here. The club invited all sponsors along to todays match, allowed a +1, issued drinks vouchers, laid on a crackin spread of food at halftime and generally made a fuss of them.
An absolutely fantastic show of appreciation from the club to those who support it. They don’t need to do that, every penny is vital to a club like Bude but they paid something back to their supporters today. 
Well done 👏🏻👏🏻

Great post Scott! Well done Bude!

12 hours ago, Scott Foley - The Jam Tart said:

A beautiful sunny day at Broadclose Park as Bude played host to Truro reserves looking for their first win of the season. 

Well done 👏🏻👏🏻

Great report as always Scott! However, it is Bude’s second win of the season not first!

After stepping up six leagues for most of the team, only the Newquay game has shown a real difference in standard! Keep it up Seasiders….not a single red card yet 👀

48 minutes ago, Blues1995 said:

Great report as always Scott! However, it is Bude’s second win of the season not first!

After stepping up six leagues for most of the team, only the Newquay game has shown a real difference in standard! Keep it up Seasiders….not a single red card yet 👀

Ha Ha. Of course it is. I was obviously giddy with excitement at the day 🤣. I should remember the win away at Sticker. Getting old so the memory is failing. 

4 hours ago, Blues1995 said:

Edited it. I’ll not tell anyone, if you don’t 🤣

On 22/09/2024 at 11:58, Blues1995 said:

Some people are poised at their keyboards waiting to comment on your first red card zzzz 😉

1 hour ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Some people are poised at their keyboards waiting to comment on your first red card zzzz 😉

Not on this occasion. It was friendly fire just pointing out my glaring error. And tbf, I should have remembered, Harrison and I were there 🤣🤣

On the OP, yes I’m sure comments will be made as and when the ill discipline comes back to haunt us 🤣

I need to put a date in the diary to come watch a game up your neck of the woods. 

17 hours ago, Scott Foley - The Jam Tart said:

Not on this occasion. It was friendly fire just pointing out my glaring error. And tbf, I should have remembered, Harrison and I were there 🤣🤣

On the OP, yes I’m sure comments will be made as and when the ill discipline comes back to haunt us 🤣

I need to put a date in the diary to come watch a game up your neck of the woods. 

Be good to see you Scott. I enjoy your Bude reports! I've been mostly watching Brixham, but interesting to see Stu Bowker at Step 7 with Dartmouth too.

I miss Cornwall and the Cornish game, but the Dartmouth area is a stunning place to live.

On 25/09/2024 at 12:49, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Be good to see you Scott. I enjoy your Bude reports! I've been mostly watching Brixham, but interesting to see Stu Bowker at Step 7 with Dartmouth too.

I miss Cornwall and the Cornish game, but the Dartmouth area is a stunning place to live.

Doesn’t bowker brother manage Dartmouth ?  Might be helping out. 

Just now, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Stu's  playerd in all 3 Dartmouth games I've seen this month. Too good a player for Step 7! His brother - Robbie - is the Darts manager!

Is the 3rd Bowker brother (Steve) also at Dartmouth this season? Think Stuart was on the bench for Street yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, Buckland Jim said:

Is the 3rd Bowker brother (Steve) also at Dartmouth this season? Think Stuart was on the bench for Street yesterday. 

No Stu played for Dartmouth. I was at the game away to Exeter Uni. Even first half, but the Students were great in the second period! They look like  Devon Football League title winners on this evidence!

3 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

No Stu played for Dartmouth. I was at the game away to Exeter Uni. Even first half, but the Students were great in the second period! They look like  Devon Football League title winners on this evidence!

My apologies, misheard my mate. It was couple of matches ago he was on bench for Street. As you say in earlier post, way too good for Step 7.

52 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Stu was named as a sub for Street Saturday 28 Sept in the game at Torpoint.

19 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Exeter Uni would have been a great addition to the SWPL East this season. Them failing their ground grading, and being refused entry, sounded like textbook FA top down imposed bureaucracy.