Poole Town    3-1    Plymouth Parkway
Taunton Town    3-1    Swindon Supermarine
Wimborne Town   1-0    Gosport Borough

WEDNESDAY
Havant & Waterlooville   5-1   Marlow

DIVISION ONE SOUTH

TUESDAY 
Yate Town    1-0    Larkhall Athletic

• Dave Deacon changed the title to FIXTURES & RESULTS - Tuesday & Wednesday 24 & 25 September 2024

Winless run continues for Parkway. 9 now without a win in the league. A least a bit more fight but ultimately out classed in the end and more goals shipped . 
I notice Callum rose missing from the squad not sure if there a falling out. ?
been dropped and hardly featured recently but after  shipping 9 previous game he must have  been in contention to start this one. 

how long does a manager get before you think it hasn’t worked and we need fresh ideas ?? 

10 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Winless run continues for Parkway. 9 now without a win in the league. A least a bit more fight but ultimately out classed in the end and more goals shipped . 
I notice Callum rose missing from the squad not sure if there a falling out. ?
been dropped and hardly featured recently but after  shipping 9 previous game he must have  been in contention to start this one. 

how long does a manager get before you think it hasn’t worked and we need fresh ideas ?? 

He was named as sub on Twitter?

Listened to the commentary last night, sounded like an improvement on Saturday, but still a defeat. 

Yet again, the value of a goalscorer in this league was demonstrated.  A 2nd half double from Toby Holmes (who's been prolific at this level for several clubs over many seasons) was the difference between the sides after Parkway got back into the game.

4 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Listened to the commentary last night, sounded like an improvement on Saturday, but still a defeat. 

Yet again, the value of a goalscorer in this league was demonstrated.  A 2nd half double from Toby Holmes (who's been prolific at this level for several clubs over many seasons) was the difference between the sides after Parkway got back into the game.

I think that the issue. Can  talk of improvements and more effort  but it’s not getting results.  
goal scoring has been a massive issue for ages. But McPhee seems to be a Matt wright target man fan and doesn’t seem to want budge from that. 

Maybe it's time to admit their mistakes  and move on. Someone with good knowledge of the SW non league game, who can better players already at the club and play to their strengths. A Matt Cusack or Stu Henderson type figure needed. 

That said, the manager takes the heat, but the once ubiquitous Mark Russell now nowhere to be seen or heard now the good times are gone - weak from the Chairman too.

47 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Maybe it's time to admit their mistakes  and move on. Someone with good knowledge of the SW non league game, who can better players already at the club and play to their strengths. A Matt Cusack or Stu Henderson type figure needed. 

That said, the manager takes the heat, but the once ubiquitous Mark Russell now nowhere to be seen or heard now the good times are gone - weak from the Chairman too.

Shhhhhh 

2 cup games now for parkway so a bit of pressure off and time to reset. but have heard the next home league game is a must  win 

Matt cusack would be my choice. I know he highly regarded at helston and rightly so. And he was sort of discarded by Lee and parkway to bring in Curtis as coach so who know if he take it.  

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

2 cup games now for parkway so a bit of pressure off and time to reset. but have heard the next home league game is a must  win 

Matt cusack would be my choice. I know he highly regarded at helston and rightly so. And he was sort of discarded by Lee and parkway to bring in Curtis as coach so who know if he take it.  

The next home league game is against most people's title favourites, Totton. 

Not sure why Matt Cusack would take the Parkway job. Top of the Southern League Div 1 and has his own group of players and staff in place, he would go straight into a relegation battle and an urgent squad rebuild at Bolitho.

13 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Not sure why Matt Cusack would take the Parkway job. Top of the Southern League Div 1 and has his own group of players and staff in place, he would go straight into a relegation battle and an urgent squad rebuild at Bolitho.

Wimborne....then Totton

43 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Come down to bigger club ambitions I guess ? Parkway infrastructure there and it’s his home town club.  Should have got him in the summer. 

wimbourne then AFC Totten. Not the easiest of games to win and with a home crowd that starting to to turn. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday & Wednesday 24 & 25 September 2024
  • Dave Deacon unpinned this topic