Cornwall Football Forum

Walk-over to Penzance in Senior Cup

On 25/09/2024 at 17:06, Dave Deacon said:

Penzance have been given the tie which should have been played next week against Truro City Reserves.

Truro got a clash with FA Youth tie I understand 

Anything in the rules where a club can just decide to forfeit and pull out of a County Cup competition?? Surely another date could have been unidentified and fixtured. 

8 hours ago, justanopinion said:

Anything in the rules where a club can just decide to forfeit and pull out of a County Cup competition?? Surely another date could have been unidentified and fixtured. 

That what I was thinking, Unbelievable really. !!  There go the chances of the Final being held at Truro City Sports Hub, which would of been a nice venue this season.

9 hours ago, justanopinion said:

Happens a lot in the Devon county cups. Parkway forfeited the tie and pulled out of the Devon Premier Cup last season.

If, as I expect, we got similar levels of rain induced fixture chaos in the the South West this time around, then our Cornish step 4 clubs may well have similar decisions to make. Southern League Div 1 is now a 42 game (plus potential play offs) campaign.

15 hours ago, justanopinion said:

RULES OF THE SENIOR CUP COMPETITION 
June 2024

Fines Tariff
Rule Description Fine
1c Withdrawing from the competition without consent £100
3h Failure to pay fines within 14 days £10
5a Failure to return the Cup by the prescribed date. £25
5b Failure to have the cup engraved (plus engraving costs) £10
8b Ineligible player (per player) £25
8c Less than 11 players - per player missing £10
8g Failing to submit semi-final or final playing squads £25
9a, Delaying the kick-off due to no change of kit £10
9b,c,d 
& e
Kit offences £10
10d Failure to confirm fixture 5 days prior to the match £10
10e(ii) Late kick-off £10
10k Failing to play a fixture £50
11a Late SMS notification of a result £10
11b Late or incomplete team sheet £10
13 Failure to pay match officials £25

Ridiculous antics from the Truro club & more than a little disrespectful.

I don't think SWPL level football should include so-called Reserve sides in any case. 

I think something like the St Piran League structure may be a more appropriate residence for outfits such as Truro City Reserves.

Who do they think they are?

On 27/09/2024 at 07:55, Ian Pethick said:

Happens a lot in the Devon county cups. Parkway forfeited the tie and pulled out of the Devon Premier Cup last season.

If, as I expect, we got similar levels of rain induced fixture chaos in the the South West this time around, then our Cornish step 4 clubs may well have similar decisions to make. Southern League Div 1 is now a 42 game (plus potential play offs) campaign.

Devon County Cup is a miserable competition that no-one cares about. The Corwall Senior Cup is infintely more prestigious a competition!

For example, I saw Brixham v Oke this week. A scratch Fish side featuring only 4-5 from the regular starting line up, therefore hardly a shock that a competent Oke team went through!

11 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Devon County Cup is a miserable competition that no-one cares about.

The Cornwall version is one that the Truro stiffs can't be bothered about either.

It is disrespectful to all the other clubs giving it a go. It also downgrades the Competition ongoing. Next season, it leaves the door open for more 'no-questions-asked' call offs.

17 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Devon County Cup is a miserable competition that no-one cares about. The Corwall Senior Cup is infintely more prestigious a competition!

For example, I saw Brixham v Oke this week. A scratch Fish side featuring only 4-5 from the regular starting line up, therefore hardly a shock that a competent Oke team went through!

Heard Bodmin's Simon Minett say on the CS Podcast that the Senior Cup isn't a priority for him . He believes that the step 4 clubs will be in the running to win it, and that he will be resting  players and focussing on the league and league cup.

23 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Heard Bodmin's Simon Minett say on the CS Podcast that the Senior Cup isn't a priority for him . He believes that the step 4 clubs will be in the running to win it, and that he will be resting  players and focussing on the league and league cup.

Thanks Ian, that's a nugget of a quote.

1. I reckon Bodmin are a Solar System away from challenging for the League & League Cup the way they're currently performing.

2. On the same logic, everyone in the Champions League other than Real Madrid & Manchester City may as well save the Air Fare, stay at home & watch em play each other on TV.

How many players are playing in the FA Youth Cup tonight that played on Saturday or last Wednesday for that matter (I would recommend checking Truro Reserves twitter account)

A £100 fine for Truro for pulling out whilst Penzance lose a large gate, bar takings as well as the tea hut money.

Which club is really being punished? 🤔

On 29/09/2024 at 21:57, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

The Devon Premier/Senior/Intermediate Cups are far more interesting where the entrants seem to take it more seriously. 

Maybe truro didn't have faith in the over 18 players for the cup game. The youth cup matches can be played on any weekday during the week of commencement and clubs are at the mercy of the host who could have chosen the same day as the senior cup match if the pitch was available. Just had a quick look and truro are down to play every midweek until novembr making a reschedule difficult but no game this weekend though.

15 minutes ago, Jeremy Wade said:

They (TCFC) have over 40 platers registered to the reserve team, they cant all ne the U18 team surely?

JW

Probably have to allow for ...........

players at Uni

players still registered but no longer with the club

first team players that aren't always available

physio named

One named who lives in Finland

Another registered and with another club(?!)

Another signed for another SWPL club

Injuries

and then those that are U-18 and involved in the FA Youth Cup tie

The emphasis of the Reserve side focussing on a lot of young players comes a cropper in this two-cup commitment!

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Probably have to allow for ...........

players at Uni

players still registered but no longer with the club

first team players that aren't always available

physio named

One named who lives in Finland

Another registered and with another club(?!)

Another signed for another SWPL club

Injuries

and then those that are U-18 and involved in the FA Youth Cup tie

The emphasis of the Reserve side focussing on a lot of young players comes a cropper in this two-cup commitment!

I'm assuming that Truro can't use any of their NLS squad in the Senior Cup (as they have done this season in the SWPL). Might have been a useful run out for some of their fringe players.

On 30/09/2024 at 15:53, Uwdi Krugg said:

Thanks Ian, that's a nugget of a quote.

1. I reckon Bodmin are a Solar System away from challenging for the League & League Cup the way they're currently performing.

2. On the same logic, everyone in the Champions League other than Real Madrid & Manchester City may as well save the Air Fare, stay at home & watch em play each other on 

Doesn't bode well for Liskeard then, as Bodmin beat them 2-0 the other day 🤣