Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Tuesday & Wednesday 1 & 2 October 2024

Tuesday 1 October 2024
EAST

Crediton United   1-2  Torridgeside
Newton Abbot Spurs v Elburton Villa - match abandoned (floodlight failure after 26 mins)

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP
Bodmin Town  0-6  Torpoint Athletic
Sticker   3-0  Millbrook

Wednesday 2 October 2024

EAST
Honiton Town. 2-2   Axminster Town

WEST
Holsworthy  1-1 Launceston

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP
Camelford   1-3    Callington Town
Wendron United   1-4   Helston Athletic

BAYSIDE GRAPHICS DEVON ST LUKE'S CHALLENGE CUP
Bovey Tracey   0-2   Exeter City
Cullompton Rangers   4-3   Teignmouth

• Dave Deacon changed the title to FIXTURES & RESULTS - Tuesday & Wednesday 1 & 2 October 2024
12 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Following his comments last week, be interesting to see what sort of Bodmin side Simon Minett put out for their 0-6 reversal v Torpoint last night.

I reckon something like started with about five of the starting 11 from Saturday. The four subs from the Bude game all started as well.

1 hour ago, Ian Pethick said:

Following his comments last week, be interesting to see what sort of Bodmin side Simon Minett put out for their 0-6 reversal v Torpoint last night.

Obviously seem to have got what they deserved Ian.

Bit disgracious to the dwindling Bodmin faithful 🥴

Nice change for Torpoint to be on the other end of it though 😆

On 30/09/2024 at 22:59, Dave Deacon said:

Tuesday 1 October 2024
EAST

Newton Abbot Spurs v Elburton Villa - match abandoned (floodlight failure after 26 mins)

Yet another floodlight embarrassment 😳

Even the most basic business/sport/entertainment systems have procedures for routine 'Maintenance Of Equipment'.

Surely it's time the SWPL applied a simple audit checklist for clubs to participate in each season? Even follow it up with the odd random SWPL desktop inspection. There's more than having a fancy board title than sandwiches & matchday refreshments.

Lot better than the public forking out travel & admission costs.

Do the spectators actually get their admission money back in situations like this?

52 minutes ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Obviously seem to have got what they deserved Ian.

Bit disgracious to the dwindling Bodmin faithful 🥴

Nice change for Torpoint to be on the other end of it though 😆

No idea what the gate was last night, but if I was a Bodmin supporter I might apply the, "the manager can't be bothered with the game, I won't bother to pay and watch it" logic.

3 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

No idea what the gate was last night, but if I was a Bodmin supporter I might apply the, "the manager can't be bothered with the game, I won't bother to pay and watch it" logic.

I took a trip to Bodmin last night and didn't have to pay as there wasn't anyone on the gate. A few of us did ask the coaches to see if we'd missed something.

I decided to join the forum today and don’t worry I come in peace. I am an avid watcher of all non league football and born and bread in Cornwall but only recently moved back. 
I have been looking in all day and no one has mentioned or given credit for the result of sticker last night. 
I love the small village clubs rather than the so called big boys so I was delighted when I saw that score last night. I hope they can have some momentum for the league now. 
Was  anyone there last night to comment? 

58 minutes ago, Silver Dog said:

I decided to join the forum today and don’t worry I come in peace. I am an avid watcher of all non league football and born and bread in Cornwall but only recently moved back. 
I have been looking in all day and no one has mentioned or given credit for the result of sticker last night. 
I love the small village clubs rather than the so called big boys so I was delighted when I saw that score last night. I hope they can have some momentum for the league now. 
Was  anyone there last night to comment? 

Likewise, a result that didn't help the prediction league for many!! Sticker have had a disappointing start to the season but if you look closely, most defeats have been close encounters (apart from Wadebridge away when they didn't turn up against ex player Lloydy!).

Sticker came out of the blocks with improved tempo and goals at important times within the game from Haiden Chapman saw progression into the next round of the Senior Cup. Millbrook to their credit never gave up but could not break down a resolute defence and keeper in fine form who made one tremendous save. If you love small village clubs then can I suggest a visit to Burngullow Park is a must.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday & Wednesday 1 & 2 October 2024

Wasn’t sure what to expect at Sticker last night. It was a thoroughly deserved win. I think the hat-trick hero has just returned. Was particularly impressed with the Sticker keeper, made only one mistake when he came out but got nowhere near the ball. Disappointing crowd but CL on TV will kill local midweek games at this time of year.

I went along to watch the Holsworthy v Launceston game last night. 
It was awful unfortunately. A real scrappy affair with little or no decent chances created. 
I’d been up since 0330hrs so was quite tired. It was cold, even Harrison had seen enough by HT. Maybe this influenced my mood.

I hate to admit, we left with about 16/20 left on the clock. 
Ot was 1-0 Holsworthy when we left. Even the goal was poor. A free kick crossed in from the right which evaded everyone and ended up in the back of the net. I can only imagine that Launceston equaliser was a rebound off the backside of a defender 🤷🏻‍♂️

Im sure it was just an off night for both sides but it wasn’t a great watch. 

4 hours ago, Scott Foley - The Jam Tart said:

It was awful unfortunately. A real scrappy affair with little or no decent chances created. 
I’d been up since 0330hrs so was quite tired. It was cold, even Harrison had seen enough by HT. Maybe this influenced my mood.

Ot was 1-0 Holsworthy when we left. Even the goal was poor. A free kick crossed in from the right which evaded everyone and ended up in the back of the net. I can only imagine that Launceston equaliser was a rebound off the backside of a defender 🤷🏻‍♂️

But still better than watching the pro footie stuff served up on telly Scott! 

5 hours ago, Scott Foley - The Jam Tart said:

Yeah tbh wasn't the best of games but given both teams form sort of expected. Launceston looked better once Elvidge came on, had 2 disallowed for offside,  Cam Dymond from Saltash Borough scored their equaliser, Launceston finished the stronger despite being down to 10 men.