Cornwall Football Forum

Fred Walter Signs For Falmouth Town

• 2 weeks later...

Fred Walter has slotted in to the right back slot really well and has looked a class act. Only 22 years old and a local lad he is proving another typical Westy signing of young, local talent. When young Tom Fisher returns from his long term injury there will be hot competition for the right back position however both of them are versatile and can provide competition in other areas.

Another youngster 23 year old Harrison Jewell has also been a great signing, he is proving mature beyond his years and is proving an immense player for Town in the Southern League. A future captain ? I think so.

Can't wait for Saturday and our home game verses Bashley.

This Saturday is also Falmouth Town legend Tommy Matthews book launch (A GAME OF TWO HALVES) on sale at the Clubhouse before and after the Bashley game. All proceeds going to cancer research. Following into the evening, award winning band Stone Roots will be playing in the clubhouse. All donations welcome and once again all monies collected will be going to the cancer research charity. UTMT.

1 hour ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Fred Walter has slotted in to the right back slot really well and has looked a class act. Only 22 years old and a local lad he is proving another typical Westy signing of young, local talent. When young Tom Fisher returns from his long term injury there will be hot competition for the right back position however both of them are versatile and can provide competition in other areas.

Another youngster 23 year old Harrison Jewell has also been a great signing, he is proving mature beyond his years and is proving an immense player for Town in the Southern League. A future captain ? I think so.

Can't wait for Saturday and our home game verses Bashley.

This Saturday is also Falmouth Town legend Tommy Matthews book launch (A GAME OF TWO HALVES) on sale at the Clubhouse before and after the Bashley game. All proceeds going to cancer research. Following into the evening, award winning band Stone Roots will be playing in the clubhouse. All donations welcome and once again all monies collected will be going to the cancer research charity. UTMT.

With the benefit of hindsight, the signing of Harrison Jewell makes perfect sense. Wonder if Andrew Westgarth had an idea back in the summer how it was going to play out with James Ward?

20 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

With the benefit of hindsight, the signing of Harrison Jewell makes perfect sense. Wonder if Andrew Westgarth had an idea back in the summer how it was going to play out with James Ward?

I doubt if Westy saw Wardy's departure coming Ian, none of us did at the beginning of the season. When Wardy asked for time out a lot of F-Troop guessed the Mousehole thing at the time and they were proved right tbh. Maybe i'm blinded but i envisaged Wardy playing 450+games for Falmouth Town and writing his name right up there near the top of the history books. Now he will probably finish his career at Mousehole and that opportunity is lost forever.....shame. 

Like is said previously, everyone at Town are delighted to have Harrison Jewell at the club and he is young enough to rewrite the record books himself if he stays with us for a decade or more. UTMT.