Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey club statement.

Paul

Both guys can walk away with their heads held high, think a little more time they could’ve improved. Done a great job IMO and some results could’ve went another way.

Going to be a tough job going in at this stage of the season with players already tied down. But a great club, I’d imagine some big names from times gone or top end of SWPL west league managers would be the candidates.

Tough decision made by the club but as current custodians the committee have to do what they feel is right for St Blazey AFC.

Always enjoyed talking to Brad and Moony for the podcast and indeed they can leave with heads high because as the club has pointed out - they brought a league title to Blaise Park for the first time in 17 years!

A club steeped in history, the vacancy deserves plenty of interest.

As a friend of Brad and moon’s I know how hard they have worked since the day they took on the job at blazy . Proper football men that understand the game and the stress , time and effort it requires to be managers . Travelling down to blazy weekly and always out watching games . I feel they have fell victim to a general shortage of players that have the desire , commitment and overall ability to play at this standard . This is in no way a dig at the current squad it’s merely pointing out the strength in depth and the merry go around of most Cornish clubs going for the same names and players .

I know fans and supporters down here are happy to see the amount of clubs currently competing at step 5 but I think we need to see that the lack of players to go around here is the reason why a lot of the Cornish clubs sit towards the bottom of the league . It’s a cut off county with a lot of teams at all levels and not the players to go around . 

I’ve been out scouting with Brad and moons and trying to find players that want to travel and can compete week in week out is a difficult process . 

money is too much of a factor for me in the game down here and over inflated offers to playing paying over the odds drives the market up and makes it hard to compete with lesser budgets .

personally I felt these guys did the best they could with that situation and the  constant rebuilds they have had to go through with the squad at Blazy is a credit to how hard they both have worked . 

Rome wasn’t built in a day sometimes you have to take the rough with the smooth and believe in the process .

I feel they would have turned it around and I wish them both all the best . Football down here will be a worse place without them and two managers I’ve got time for for sure . 

all the best gents 

Simon x 

Bodmin Town 

45 minutes ago, Brummie Simon said:

money is too much of a factor for me in the game down here

Here's a mad suggestion regarding the money being offered which will never happen - if it's too much of a factor, perhaps it would be good for all managers to agree amongst themselves not to offer more than an agreed reasonably limited figure! :)

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Here's a mad suggestion regarding the money being offered which will never happen - if it's too much of a factor, perhaps it would be good for all managers to agree amongst themselves not to offer more than an agreed reasonably limited figure! :)

Or just pay the travelling money!