Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 12 October 2024

WALTER C PARSON LEAGUE CUP

Second Round

Axminster Town     1-9    Newquay

Callington Town      1-4 on pens     Okehampton Argyle (2-2 aet, 1-1 at 90 mins)
Camelford 2-3  Bishops Lydeard (aet, 2-2 after 90 mins)
Crediton United  5-0  St Day
Dobwalls      1-3     Honiton Town
Elburton Villa      4-2    Sidmouth Town
Holsworthy      2-3   Cullompton Rangers
Launceston      1-5     Bridport
Liskeard Athletic     6-0  Bude Town
Middlezoy Rovers     0-1     Sticker (aet, 0-0 at 90 mins)
Newton Abbot Spurs      3-1    Millbrook
Torridgeside     2-0   Bovey Tracey
Torrington      0-5   Penzance
Wadebridge Town     3-1   Truro City Res
Wendron United     1-2    Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 12 October 2024

Watched Wadebridge win 3-1 this afternoon vs a very young Truro side , this result was never in doubt and could of been more if it wasnt for fine goalkeeping from Truro goalie Morgan Jones .

Wadebridge  dominated the 1st half and went in 2-0 up with 2 fine goals from Kieran Bishop and Billy Hopcroft 

2nd half Truro came out and where playing better and Alfie Flack scored and i thought the comeback was on but no Wadebridge continued to play really well and went 3-1 up from 1 of there subs Jacob Smale who had only been on the field a short time .Was surprised to see Matt Lloyd on the bench alongside Jacob Smale ,James Hamson ,kyle Flew and Dave Youlden .

FT Score 3-1 my MOM for Wadebridge is BRAD ROWE getting better and better and scores a pretty good goal the call him Brad Beckham after his goal from his own half vs BUDE TOWN MOM for TRURO im going for MORGAN JONES Truro 1st team goalie for sure before long .

Well done for a hammering they they gave to Axminster today 9-1 that i some score 

1 Last thing the Pasty was lovely see you in a few weeks when Newquay will be on your pitch The Peppermints are coming 

Edited by 100%cornish
Had the wrong team winning 2-0

20 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Watched Wadebridge win 3-1 this afternoon vs a very young Truro side , this result was never in doubt and could of been more if it wasnt for fine goalkeeping from Truro goalie Morgan Jones .

Truro dominated the 1st half and went in 2-0 up with 2 fine goals from Kieran Bishop and Billy Hopcroft 

2nd half Truro came out and where playing better and Alfie Flack scored and i thought the comeback was on but no Wadebridge continued to play really well and went 3-1 up from 1 of there subs Jacob Smale who had only been on the field a short time .Was surprised to see Matt Lloyd on the bench alongside Jacob Smale ,James Hamson ,kyle Flew and Dave Youlden .

FT Score 3-1 my MOM for Wadebridge is BRAD ROWE getting better and better and scores a pretty good goal the call him Brad Beckham after his goal from his own half vs BUDE TOWN MOM for TRURO im going for MORGAN JONES Truro 1st team goalie for sure before long .

Well done for a hammering they they gave to Axminster today 9-1 that i some score 

1 Last thing the Pasty was lovely see you in a few weeks when Newquay will be on your pitch The Peppermints are coming 

So Truro lost 3-1 but went in 2 nil up at half time?

Crediton 5 St Day 0 

200 mile round trip to watch St Day play abysmally no game plan ( if there is they don’t do it ) no effort absolutely woeful .

Credit to Crediton not the best team ( 100 times better than the visitors) but they worked there socks off & but for Harry Salmon it could have been double figures .

Cant say back to the drawing board some of these Saints players aren’t fit enough hungry enough & simply not good enough end of . 

How lucky I was to take the wife to Furniture Village on the way up for a table at only £1,000 lovely day all round roll on bloody next week 🫣

Football can be cruel sometimes. 
Harrison and I made the trip to Lux Park to watch Bude take on Liskeard and it didn’t go according to plan. 
Bude dominated this game from start to finish, and got caught in the break 6 (six) times. Unbelievable. 

Na not really, until the 22nd minute when Liskeard scored the opening goal, it was a pretty even contest. However 2 goals in 3 or 4 minutes took the wind out of Budes sails and Liskeard ran out deserved victors. 
4-0 at half time. A 5th shortly after the restart and it was a case of how many. Bude dug in though and restricted the hosts to only one more. 
6-0 at full time. 

And lastly, similar to our last visit to Liskeard, the home bench got involved with Bude supporters. Now I must be clear, I really enjoy this, but as a club its pretty embarrassing. Not sure who the two were but when thick skins were handed out, they must have been at the back of the queue. I’d also recommend, if they enjoy ‘banter’ with the crowd, they need to up their game. It was shockingly poor. Just repeating, ‘but your 4-0 down’ doesn’t cut it. 
Im hoping to see improved ‘bantz’ when we next play Liskeard. Your a top team, now let’s get the banter up to a similar level. 

That’s a pretty bad day for the West Div ain’t it!!!  🤔😲🙄   That’s what they do ain’t it Marksy! Went to watch Street v Radstock a few years ago mate, was only gone 2 hours, picked the mrs up back Clark’s Village with bout 15 bags and £700 out the account mate!! WTF!!? 🤔😂

WCP SWPL Cup

Callington Town 1 Okehampton Argyle 1

*Okehampton won after extra time & the ensuing penalties

A few notes jotted about the proceedings:

A lovely sunny autumnal day & a vibrant bustle of supporters in that well positioned Clubhouse.

This looked like tie of the round to me, and the ground looked in excellent nick for the event.

As ever with bottled up Non League commitment, the game started 100mph with the usual pinball effect.

Once it settled, I'd just about rate Okehampton as the slightly better side during the first half. Their players & bench were convinced they were robbed of a goal that crossed the line in the first couple of minutes. The Ref was of a differing opinion. Further chances came & went. We even got some snazzy passing moves.

Callington gradually grinded their way back into the tie. I was a little surprised at some of the home players having a hissy fit when the coaching staff tried to offer instruction. Seemed a little disrespectful. They were certainly back in the game though.

Each side bagged a goal during the 90 minutes before the dreaded extra time.. and the inevitable penalty lottery.

As regards an overall summary from my humble neutral perspective, there was very little to choose between two extremely hard working sides. We got some enthralling passages of cut & thrust gung-ho attacking football, which was occasionally over shadowed by hoof, chase & hope.

Fair to say, both clubs gave their best.

40 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

That’s a pretty bad day for the West Div ain’t it!!!  🤔😲🙄   That’s what they do ain’t it Marksy! Went to watch Street v Radstock a few years ago mate, was only gone 2 hours, picked the mrs up back Clark’s Village with bout 15 bags and £700 out the account mate!! WTF!!? 🤔😂

You two need to check out B&M 🤣💰 

Another disappointing afternoon for Camelford m, who continue to put in the effort and deliver solid performances but just can't seem to secure a win. The first half started evenly, with Camelford gradually working their way into the game and eventually gaining the upper hand. They took the lead with a smart finish from Gus after some clever work down the right wing from Josh Smith whose cross was pinpoint in finding the camels striker. 

After that, the game became very disjointed with countless stoppages, free kicks, and several unnecessary yellow cards. A huge moment in the game came when Colwill, who was already booked for handling the ball outside the area, found himself in a one-on-one with the striker. The striker knocked the ball past the keeper and was then clipped. Colwill had no arguments as he was sent off just before half time.

The resulting penalty was converted, making it 1-1 at half time.

You wouldn’t have guessed that the Camels were a man down as they quickly found themselves on top again and went a goal ahead. A smart cross from Bigood found former captain Hambly in the box, whose delicate flick guided the ball into the net.

The game looked to be going the Camels' way as they spent most of the second half snuffing out any attacks from the visitors. However, a last-minute goalmouth scramble brought the game level and sent it into extra time.

Extra time was largely uneventful, with both teams tiring and not creating many chances. Sanders, who was Camelford third keeper of the day, managed to pull off a fingertip save that seemed to ensure the game would head to penalties. But with seconds left on the clock, the visitors had a corner. A powerful back-post header flew into the net, giving the victors the win and a route to the next round.

Another defeat for Camelford but again, full of effort and promise. You have to think the tide will turn in their favour sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, Scott Foley - The Jam Tart said:

I’d also recommend, if they enjoy ‘banter’ with the crowd, they need to up their game. It was shockingly poor. Just repeating, ‘but your 4-0 down’ doesn’t cut it. 

I'm afraid they do have a valid point Scott. 'Your lads being 4-0 down', isn't a great starting point for a reasonable response 😆

I trust it wasn't the legendary orator Mr D Gilbert that you perhaps were conversing with?

2 hours ago, Scott Foley - The Jam Tart said:

Football can be cruel sometimes. 
Harrison and I made the trip to Lux Park to watch Bude take on Liskeard and it didn’t go according to plan. 
Bude dominated this game from start to finish, and got caught in the break 6 (six) times. Unbelievable. 

Na not really, until the 22nd minute when Liskeard scored the opening goal, it was a pretty even contest. However 2 goals in 3 or 4 minutes took the wind out of Budes sails and Liskeard ran out deserved victors. 
4-0 at half time. A 5th shortly after the restart and it was a case of how many. Bude dug in though and restricted the hosts to only one more. 
6-0 at full time. 

And lastly, similar to our last visit to Liskeard, the home bench got involved with Bude supporters. Now I must be clear, I really enjoy this, but as a club its pretty embarrassing. Not sure who the two were but when thick skins were handed out, they must have been at the back of the queue. I’d also recommend, if they enjoy ‘banter’ with the crowd, they need to up their game. It was shockingly poor. Just repeating, ‘but your 4-0 down’ doesn’t cut it. 
Im hoping to see improved ‘bantz’ when we next play Liskeard. Your a top team, now let’s get the banter up to a similar level. 

Would love to see Mr Gilbert plying his trade in the western league should Liskeard gain promotion as he has never been brave enough to take promotion with his all conquering big budget Bodmin team in the past. Some similar comments on the forum past few matches regarding Liskeard and comments from the Liskeard bench. Maybe need to concentrate on the on field stuff to prevent them choking and missing out on promotion as they have done the last couple of seasons despite their big budget 

2 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Good day for the Easties, maybe the West isn’t as strong as people seem to believe now the bigger Cornwall clubs Falmouth, Helston, Mousehole, Saltash, Torpoint, Blazey and St Austell have progressed 

29 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

Would love to see Mr Gilbert plying his trade in the western league should Liskeard gain promotion as he has never been brave enough to take promotion with his all conquering big budget Bodmin team in the past. Some similar comments on the forum past few matches regarding Liskeard and comments from the Liskeard bench. Maybe need to concentrate on the on field stuff to prevent them choking and missing out on promotion as they have done the last couple of seasons 

With the greatest respect Quicksilver, love him or loathe him, Mr Gilbert did a remarkable job with Bodmin and seems to be on track to do something similar with Liskeard. Let's be honest, Liskeard have been desperately unlucky to not receive the rewards they deserved in recent seasons.

There aren't many names that bring headlines season after season down here, but Mr Gilbert tops a very short list. I'm neutral, but I certainly hope Liskeard get the credit they have obviously warranted.

Having watched some of the stuff in the Western League a few times already this season. I can assure you, Darren will have little trouble mastering what's deemed to be the benchmark.

21 minutes ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

I'm afraid they do have a valid point Scott. 'Your lads being 4-0 down', isn't a great starting point for a reasonable response 😆

I trust it wasn't the legendary orator Mr D Gilbert that you perhaps were conversing with?

I was a mere spectator. Absolutely, being 4 down is never a strong position. The comment was regarding the physicality of certain players. The usual stuff, but for me, a team as good as Liskeard should show a bit of class and rise above spectators commenting. It appears they can’t however. That’s both visits this season have had similar ‘discussions’. 
All that said, it just adds to the spectacle, even if it was primary school level. Hopefully they can practice before coming up to Broadclose as currently it’s a 3 out of 10. I expect them to have improved to a 5 out of ten. 

12 hours ago, RAPPO said:

BUT SHE'S  WORTH IT !:thumbsup:

12 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

With the greatest respect Quicksilver, love him or loathe him, Mr Gilbert did a remarkable job with Bodmin and seems to be on track to do something similar with Liskeard. Let's be honest, Liskeard have been desperately unlucky to not receive the rewards they deserved in recent seasons.

There aren't many names that bring headlines season after season down here, but Mr Gilbert tops a very short list. I'm neutral, but I certainly hope Liskeard get the credit they have obviously warranted.

Having watched some of the stuff in the Western League a few times already this season. I can assure you, Darren will have little trouble mastering what's deemed to be the benchmark.

Big fish in a small pond springs to mind 

Was told this afternoon of Newquay scorers where 5 for Louis Price ,3 for Callum McConie and 1 for Tom Shepperd so thanks to Barry for that information not 1 report about Newquay great 9 - 1 victory which is  a shame .

Newquay have got some hard games coming up like Dobwalls , Bridport , and Falmouth in the Senior cup but the big 1 for me is on 28TH DEC at Wendron day after my 68th Birthday so if Newquay win that 1 i reckon they will be champions at the end of the season but there is some good sides there and i think the dark horses will be Penzance they are going about things nice and quietly looking forward to seeing them up Newquay soon and there brilliant manager Mark Vercesi who posed for a picture for me last season and he wasnt sure if he would play again but hes still going strong . 

Well done the Peppermints now lets get some silverwear for that dusty old cabinet last time anything good was put in it was when they had the best team i have seen with the Street Brothers in the side Hell of a side that but i think this side is better especially Cam Turner 

On 12/10/2024 at 22:16, quiksilver said:

Would love to see Mr Gilbert plying his trade in the western league should Liskeard gain promotion as he has never been brave enough to take promotion with his all conquering big budget Bodmin team in the past. Some similar comments on the forum past few matches regarding Liskeard and comments from the Liskeard bench. Maybe need to concentrate on the on field stuff to prevent them choking and missing out on promotion as they have done the last couple of seasons despite their big budget 

Good day for the Easties, maybe the West isn’t as strong as people seem to believe now the bigger Cornwall clubs Falmouth, Helston, Mousehole, Saltash, Torpoint, Blazey and St Austell have progressed 

I was in Kernow but now in Devon. East is infinitely stronger than the West these days. Some of those who've 'progressed' are struggling now in the Western League. Disappointing!