St Just Reserves    4-3    St Day Thirds

Division Four West
Falmouth Athletic   1-4 Goonhavern Ath 2nd
Lizard Argyle Res   4-3  Perranporth 2nd
Newlyn Non-Athletico Res 3-1 Mawgan
Probus 2nd    1-2    Dropship 2nd
Wendron United 4ths 0-5  Holman SC 2nd

Junior cup  Mariners 2 newquay 7

Newquay very good young organised side,Us mariners gave the ball away from the kick off and were punished 4-0 down after 15 mins Game over as a contest,Credit to my lads who kept going through out,positives i kept a clean sheet after having to come off the bench for the last 30 mins 😅😅.All the best to newquay and dan in the next round 👍👍

Calstock 4-3 Mawnan res

Started well and went 1-0 up from a long range effort from James Elliott who spotted the keeper out of position. Must've been about a 40 yard strike.

Mawnan pushed which saw our wide players get pinned back. A sliced shot which turned into a cross not dealt with, and a header from the edge of the box saw them lead 2-1 at half time.

Change of shape at HT saw us come out strong and equalise through Elliott with another strike from outside the box. Murrain closed down a clearance from their keeper which rifled straight into the back of the net. Youngster Joe Smale then picked up a deep cross on the sideline, took a step inside an curled it into the near top corner.

Not wanting to make the same mistake as last week we tried to see out the lead. Mawnan pulled 1 back from another header from a free kick, but we headed for the corners and saw out the game.

9 hours ago, Ball bags said:

PERRANWELL 2nds - Falmouth united 

junior cup 

away walkover - sadly PERRANWELL couldn’t raise a side 

Such a shame that the players of perranwell couldnt turn up for a junior Cup match. I doubt they even know how let down there manager probably feels.good to see Holmans able to raise a side this wek

7 minutes ago, fudge said:

Waterlogged pitch at penryn ??? 😅😅😅 did anyone from st keverne go check it out?

No mate, probably wouldn't have made a difference.

Once one of the best pitches in the county, to be waterlogged with what little rain came in over night, very frustrating 

With Perranwell unfortunately not being able to raise a side hopefully they can for future fixtures as a player we know it’s not nice not playing but things happen anyways I had the pleasure of watching Constantine vs St Buryan in the league. 

Now I will give credit to Constantine as a lot of those players having to step up into the Division 2 cause a lot of players had off leaving the club.

When I arrived Buryan had already scored surprisingly only 1 minute into the game apparently from a through ball and the striker just sprinting onto the end of it slotting it away. However Constantine looked better of the teams created more but less goal scoring chances. Half way through the half someone from Buryan decided to have a pop shot from 30 yards flying top bins 2-0 (everyone was surprised) no idea what the keeper was doing. Nothing really come from the first half.

Second half Buryan would be wanting to continue scoring goals but they seemed to have let their foot of the gas and slowed down created chances but nothing threatening. Round the 75th minute mark Constantine worked the ball really well down the right hand side and out of no where the ball flew into the top corner 2-1 GAME ON. I will mention that the Buryan defence especially the two CBs were playing extremely well, however Buryan was the team to get the final goal with the Buryan keeper smashing it long and the Constantine keeper attempt to catch it after it bounced but he proceed to drop it then slip in the process allowing the striker to score in an open net 3-1 GAME OVER

Believe there was over 30 people watching. I’m not going to comment on the ref performance however it’s like Salibas for Arsenal. 

If Constantine can get a decent goal keeper and a out and out decent striker they will 100% pick up some wins/points.

2 hours ago, WhenboredAFC said:

With Perranwell unfortunately not being able to raise a side hopefully they can for future fixtures as a player we know it’s not nice not playing but things happen anyways I had the pleasure of watching Constantine vs St Buryan in the league. 

Now I will give credit to Constantine as a lot of those players having to step up into the Division 2 cause a lot of players had off leaving the club.

When I arrived Buryan had already scored surprisingly only 1 minute into the game apparently from a through ball and the striker just sprinting onto the end of it slotting it away. However Constantine looked better of the teams created more but less goal scoring chances. Half way through the half someone from Buryan decided to have a pop shot from 30 yards flying top bins 2-0 (everyone was surprised) no idea what the keeper was doing. Nothing really come from the first half.

Second half Buryan would be wanting to continue scoring goals but they seemed to have let their foot of the gas and slowed down created chances but nothing threatening. Round the 75th minute mark Constantine worked the ball really well down the right hand side and out of no where the ball flew into the top corner 2-1 GAME ON. I will mention that the Buryan defence especially the two CBs were playing extremely well, however Buryan was the team to get the final goal with the Buryan keeper smashing it long and the Constantine keeper attempt to catch it after it bounced but he proceed to drop it then slip in the process allowing the striker to score in an open net 3-1 GAME OVER

Believe there was over 30 people watching. I’m not going to comment on the ref performance however it’s like Salibas for Arsenal. 

If Constantine can get a decent goal keeper and a out and out decent striker they will 100% pick up some wins/points.

I bet there goal keeper and strikers are loving your comments...... They'll probably not bother again and more teams will forfeit games. 

Great work

19 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

Such a shame that the players of perranwell couldnt turn up for a junior Cup match. I doubt they even know how let down there manager probably feels.good to see Holmans able to raise a side this wek

Considering there are two sides at Perranwell, and having at least 25 players unavailable away/injured and having a 1st team who also needed a squad yesterday then I’m sure you can do the maths and realise Perranwell were left with little choice. Forfeiting a game, especially a JC match was a decision not taken lightly and it’s quite unusual for Perranwell not to be able to field two sides.

I’m sure the players of Perranwell appreciate your input though. 

4 minutes ago, jolzy10 said:

Considering there are two sides at Perranwell, and having at least 25 players unavailable away/injured and having a 1st team who also needed a squad yesterday then I’m sure you can do the maths and realise Perranwell were left with little choice. Forfeiting a game, especially a JC match was a decision not taken lightly and it’s quite unusual for Perranwell not to be able to field two sides.

They aren’t a team known for having to forfeiting games and if you look at their record so far this season they had played 4 games in 14 days which in quit impressive not many teams would do that. If it takes them to leave one game out to make many more then I’m pretty sure 90% of clubs will prefer that. 

On 20/10/2024 at 14:45, jolzy10 said:

@jolzy10 loss of 25 players is a big hit to take but you do have 78 players signed on for the club.

15 hours ago, Brendan Jennings said:

@jolzy10 loss of 25 players is a big hit to take but you do have 78 players signed on for the club.

Many clubs have loads signed on mate, sadly the commitment isn't there apart from our weekly core. Having said that we've yet to forfeit a game and this weekend we were just very short, that was the long and the short of it really. 

1 hour ago, jolzy10 said:

Many clubs have loads signed on mate, sadly the commitment isn't there apart from our weekly core. Having said that we've yet to forfeit a game and this weekend we were just very short, that was the long and the short of it really. 

You can't say  and i quote you

"I’m sure you can do the maths"

I have done the maths and using the information  available to me, you still had 37 players to choose from.

25 players missing

16 for the first team

Total 41 playes

78 players signed on

Which leave 37 players to choose  from.

If they aren't committed un-register them. Your right other teams do have losts of players signed on but they aren't currently calling games of with 37 players unaccounted for and telling people to "do the maths'