Cornwall Football Forum

Could Liskeard be playing at Parkway next season?

...... well you would think so with the number of ex-Lux Park players signing for the club, who let's not forget have three ex-Liskeard managers in charge - Dave Leonard, assisted by Lee Harvey and John Horne!

CORNISH SOCCER's East Cornwall correspondent, who remember was first to tip us off about Leonard joining Parkway, and then suggesting Leigh Cooper was one of the favourites to go to Liskeard, has once again unearthed a scoop - all he can tell me is that the below is from a good source!!! I only wish I had his contacts!

Yes no surprise really but he gathers that Plymouth Parkway have made a number of signings over the past couple of days.

Namely the likes of goalkeeper Simon Zinn, strikers Paul Baker and Chris Wright, defender Kevin Robertson, midfielders Matt Cusack, Aaron Cusack, Jamie Morrison-Hill and Jimmy Alexander.

Almost a whole new team with a big blue theme running through all the names as they all have past connections with Liskeard.

Oh and its all but a done deal with another midfielder who Dave Leonard had playing for him last season at Truro, oh and also at Liskeard! There's a surprise :D

You can't help thinking that from the Plymouth-based player point of view, those who have consistently travelled across the Tamar plundering the Duchy in the past, it must be too good to turn down, being on their own doorstep and obviously having worked under Lens before.

Bit surprised about M-H and the Cusacks though, or rather probably Bodmin are! I know the Priory Park club were hoping to put together a Vase-threatening squad, and the club were hoping on the three definitely featuring in it. Perhaps the "old friends" thing was the deciding factor for the trio.

Is this the "dream squad", the pre-season favourites already? And so early in the summer? Lets see what happens!!! Champions Bodmin might still have a few "big" signings to announce at some stage during the summer.

Despite Plymouth Parkway having a good season they never really inspired the local fans If these (anticipated) signings are correct then quality football will return to Bolitho park and I would suggest very good attendances would follow from the Plymouth folk. If they could just get their pitch sorted it would be a great place to watch football.

i think matt, Aaran, Jamie only went to Bodmin to get back at Massey anyway. But good luck to the trio.

john, you say this but i dont get why????? massey let the three of them go, so how were they getting back at him by going bodmin??? they would not have been playing football else or they may have gone to a side mid table just to play some football. I wouldnt have thought 'geting back' at massey was their incentive to go to bodmin, maybe just being involved in 'big games' played more of a role.

dave i don't think u can blame any of the trio for re-uniting with lenny. he is after all probably the most qualified and arguably the best coach in the league/area. also they were all used sparingly at bodmin, and then of course parkway is obviously much closer. i think you are just trying to stir things up mr.deacon :P

Guest ECPL Supporter

I don't think it's too much to do with Lenny's 'qualifications', lets be honest what did he actually win at Liskeard? Ok, he won a couple of things at Truro, but the minimum that could have been expected really with the players he had. I think it's probably to do with the fact it's a chance for a group of mates to play in the same team again, and some great players as well, so things are looking good for parkway

idave left liskeard about 2/3 rds the way through the season to join truro and at the time they were top!!! also he has his 'a' license which many if not, any other coaches have in that league. anyway good luck to parkway next season and also coops at liskeard.

Is this the "dream squad", the pre-season favourites already? And so early in the summer? Lets see what happens!!! Champions Bodmin might still have a few "big" signings to announce at some stage during the summer.

not sure about a 'dream squad' dave...should be a good side but still have to gel together, plus there are already alot of players already at parkway that will be staking a claim to play.

bodmin surely have to be the side to beat, defending champions and a hard side to beat with alot of experience.

lets see what happens!!!!

i think you are just trying to stir things up mr.deacon

Sorry Spod, but why should I be stirring things up? Players move every summer, just letting people out there know what's kicking about!

The fact is, all the players that are joining Parkway, will be Cornish football's loss!

Moving on ..... yes we mustn't forget the existing players at Parkway. After all they did finish third in the league table and so weren't a bad outfit. It's obvious not everyone is going to get a game, and it's therefore possible that players will move on and other clubs will benefit - as is always the case.

What's the position with the league's top scorer Mark Berry? I did hear it mentioned that he was possibly going. I wonder if he will need to bother now.

Guest ECPL Supporter

idave left liskeard about 2/3 rds the way through the season to join truro and at the time they were top!!! also he has his 'a' license which many if not, any other coaches have in that league. anyway good luck to parkway next season and also coops at liskeard.

So he left 3rd of the way through? Doesn't mean jack, he won nothing there.

ecpl - i think u have missed the point. u asked what did he win at liskeard, he couldn't have done much more at his time there, then he owent on to manage truro were he won everything that was asked of him. end of.

Guest ECPL Supporter

where he won everything that was asked of him

I know, accuse me of splitting hairs, but he got knocked out of the Western League Cup (Les Phillips Cup)!

Also the team that won the vase he inherited. In his only full season he got knocked out of that as well. And as for not being able to do any more at liskeard, the season before he left?

Seems like you have a personal grudge against lenny mr ecpl?! But if you look at my original post, the point was that the aforementioned players cannot be blamed for chosing to play under lenny again as he is the most QUALIFIED coach and you could argue in that respect, the best coach/manager in the swpl. What other manager in the league has equal if not better QUALIFICATIONS mixed with his impressive track record and experience?

Seems like you have a personal grudge against lenny mr ecpl?! But if you look at my original post, the point was that the aforementioned players cannot be blamed for chosing to play under lenny again as he is the most QUALIFIED coach and you could argue in that respect, the best coach/manager in the swpl. What other manager in the league has equal if not better QUALIFICATIONS mixed with his impressive track record and experience?

even some of his new players are more qualified than most mangers in the league spod!!!!!!!!

Guest ECPL Supporter

I'm sorry but i've always judged people on what they have won in respect to how good they are. Can't knock his playing record, top quality. I'm sure he will go on to be a successful manager as well, but coaching is completely different to managing so until he starts winning things as a manager regularly i wouldn't consider him one of the best MANAGERS. Nothing personal against him just think there are as good if not better MANAGERS out there