Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey move quickly to replace Dave Philp

Well only a few days after Philpy resigns, the Green and Blacks look to have found a replacement, and amazingly quick!

I am led to believe that the new man in charge at Blaise Park is to be Bobby Oaten, his most recent managerial job being at Holsworthy, where I think he left not too long in to last season.

Guest Postie Pidge

Bobby was very harshly dismissed at Bickland Park last season minutes after his (jointly managed) Holsworthy team were beaten 8-2 by a Falmouth team that hit top form on the night.

The last time Blazey had an ex Holsworthy manager in charge it didn't go according to plan.....

Guest thebigfella

Bobby Oaten was Plymouth Argyle Youth Development Officer a few years back I believe and also assisted Tommy Tynan with Commercial activities for a while.

After being very unfairly treated by Holsworthy, he was manager of Elburton Villa reserves last season and I believe had discussions with Vospers Oak Villa before being approached by Ottery St Mary. I had heard he was going there, so this is a bit of a suprise.

Bobby is a devout Christian, has a very calm manner and never looses his rag. A thoroughly nice bloke who loves football... but I would have serious doubts at this level.