Cornwall Football Forum

F.a.Vase 1st.Qual.Rd.

F.A Vase 1st.Qual.Rd.(£800 to winners) 513 clubs accepted

Att. 43- Minehead (WL1) 1 Launceston 2 Andy Sargant 2(1Pen)

Att 44-Bishop Sutton (WLP) 1 Bodmin Town 3 h/t 0-3 Mark Berry 2,Danny O'Hagan

Att.175-Penzance 0 Welton Rovers (WLP) 1 h/t 0-1

Att.120-Newquay3 v Wadebridge Town 2 AET h/t 2-2 Lee Cameron extra time penalty

Att. 64-Penryn Athletic 0 v Hamworthy United (WessexP) 2

Att. 96-Porthleven 3 v St. Blazey 1 Josh Kemp;Richard Young;Jack Liddicoat

Att.141-Saltash United 3 v Liskeard Athletic 1 Brinton Nute(H).Steve Sargison.Glen Palmer/Danny Brook(Pen)

Newton Abbot v Budleigh Salterton to be played at Dawlish Town on Wednesday 10.Sept.-I guess it was postponed today.

NEWQUAY 2 WADEBRIDGE 3 AET

IM SURE JIM WILL ADD TO THIS BUT I HAVE TO SAY WHAT A GREAT PERFORMANCE FROM THE LADS TODAY.

APART FROM THE FIRST 10 MINUTES WHERE WE CONCEEDED A SLOPPY GOAL FROM A CORNER AND THEN A PENALTY. I THINK WE DOMINATED THE GAME AND REALLY PLAYED SOME GREAT FOOTBALL. DOMO SCORES HIS 1ST COMPETITIVE GOAL FROM AN INCH AND SHAUN MIDDLETON WHOM WAS AWESOME TODAY HIT A 30 YD THUNDERBOLT THAT LUKE PAYNE WHOM WAS WADEBRIDGES MAN OF THE MATCH HAD NO CHANCE WITH AT ALL.

GAME RUINED BY POOR OFFICIATING ITS A MANS GAME WHISLTLE BEING BLOWN CONTINUOSLY FOR NOTHING CHALLENGES. NOT A GRIPE CAUSE WE LOST BUT I THOUGHT THE REF WAS REALLY POOR TODAY AND RUINED A GREAT GAME FOR A NEUTRAL.

DESPITE A FEW GREAT CHANCES FOR US TO WIN THE GAME IT WAS SETTLED BY YET ANOTHER PENALTY.

WELL DONE FELLAS SOMETIMES YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE IN FOOTBALL. TODAY WE GOT THE OPPOSITE A CREDIT TO THE CLUB WELL DONE

winno a little bit of a biased report i think.

I will agree with you that Luke Payne kept us level in the first half half and rightly was man of the match and i thought Newquay after the first 10 minutes played really well for an hour, but the last 20 minutes of normal time and extra time you ran out of steam and Wadebridge were the better team in that period and won the game with another penalty from another clumsy challenge in the box.

Decisions go for you and against you and according to all the players on both sides your first goal never crossed the line so the decisions did not all go against you, and that was the goal that got you back in the game; not that you didn't deserve it though.

I thought that your lads did you proud and must give you confidence for the season; on our part i didn't think we played anything like we did on Tuesday but credit must go to Newquay for that.

Good luck for the season.

LITTLE BIASED BLACKIE PERHAPS WHAT WAS MEANT BY DOMINATED IS WE WERE THE BETTER SIDE FOR LARGE PORTIONS OF THE GAME. I THINK YOU HAVE TO ADMIT THAT. YES YOU HAD YOUR POSSESION IN SPELLS AND WERE DANGEROUS ON THE BREAK. BUT TO BE HONEST CHATS IN GOAL NEVER HAD A SAVE TO MAKE. I THINK THATS SAYS IT ALL. BUT FOOTBALL IS ABOUT GOALS. YOU SCORED 3 AND US 2.

THE CRITISIM OF THE REF WAS FOR BOTH TEAMS JUST MY HONEST OPINION I THINK HE WAS POOR.

WADEBRIDGE GOOD SIDE GOOD BUNCH OF LADS

GOOD LUCK NEXT ROUND AND FOR THE SEASON

FOLLOWING TODAYS FA VASE1ST QUALIFYING GAMES TEAMS WHO PLAYED TODAY MEANS

THEY WILL PLAY IN THE 2NDQUALIFYING ROUND TIES ON SAT SEPTEMBER 20TH 3.PM KO

PORTHLEVEN V BUCKLAND ATHLETIC

WADEBRIDGE TOWN V BODMIN TOWN

LAUNCESTON V KEYNSHAM(WESTERN LEAGUE DIV 1)

SALTASH UNITED V PORTISHEAD (WESTERN LEAGUE DIV1)

OTHER TIES INVOLVING SOUTH WEST PENINSULA PREMIER DIVISION SIDES AT THIS STAGE SEES

TAVISTOCK V WELLINGTON TOWN

LARKHALL V PLYMOUTH PARKWAY

STREET V FALMOUTH TOWN

LITTLE BIASED BLACKIE PERHAPS WHAT WAS MEANT BY DOMINATED IS WE WERE THE BETTER SIDE FOR LARGE PORTIONS OF THE GAME. I THINK YOU HAVE TO ADMIT THAT. YES YOU HAD YOUR POSSESION IN SPELLS AND WERE DANGEROUS ON THE BREAK. BUT TO BE HONEST CHATS IN GOAL NEVER HAD A SAVE TO MAKE. I THINK THATS SAYS IT ALL. BUT FOOTBALL IS ABOUT GOALS. YOU SCORED 3 AND US 2.

THE CRITISIM OF THE REF WAS FOR BOTH TEAMS JUST MY HONEST OPINION I THINK HE WAS POOR.

WADEBRIDGE GOOD SIDE GOOD BUNCH OF LADS

GOOD LUCK NEXT ROUND AND FOR THE SEASON

didn't have a save to make yet conceded 3 goals, id be worried about that!!

Porthleven 3 St Blazey 1

(for Postie Pidge)

The better side won. Burchell (FK) and Young both had chances before 17 year old Kemp scored from outside the box on 26 mins.

2nd team keeper Mitchell than saved from Zalick and Pugilese to keep it 1 - 0.

Young forced a save out of the Blazey keeper and just before half time Mitchell again made two fine saves in quick succession.

Blazey brought Carey on for Clarke before half time (injury).

In the 2nd half Kanakh was an early sub for Adam Bance for Blazey.

Port's Robinson headed a Howlett cross wide; Blazey's Kanakh hit the post off Richardson's pass a few yards out, an absolute sitter (57 mins).

Young then scored from 12 yards off Lawrence's cross from the right after Burchell had split the defence with the ball to Lawrence for 2 - 0 on 62 mins.

Blazey capt. Danny Bance was booked 2 mins later for dissent.

Game on when Richardson provided Kanakh with a tap-in for 2 - 1 on 73 mins, though really Port had always looked in control. They brought on Liddicoat for Davies.

Mitchell saved again from Kanakh (81) and a minute later a Burchell FK was deflected off the wall towards Liddicoat, another 17-y-o, who headed neatly home: 3 - 1.

Burchell came off for Rogers. Danny Bance picked up a second yellow for a challenge on Kemp, so went to turn the showers on and Young had a chance to make it 4 with a shot past the post off a corner on 90 + 4.

Right result on the day.

NEWQUAY 2 WADEBRIDGE 3

After the euphoria of Tuesday's result against Torpoint, Wadebridge were far from their best and can thank their keeper that they safely proceeded to the next round.

As a current Wadebridge player who was unfortunately suspended from the game (due to no fault but his own) I was an interesting spectator. As usual the conditions were difficult to play in and the game wasn't easy on the eye. wadebridge started brightly and scored two goals in the opening 10 minutes and I thought to myself, it would be nice to have a comfortable win for a change but as is the norm, we made life very difficult for ourselves. Give credit where credit is due, Newquay played very well and peppered our goal and not for the brilliance of our keeper and some average finishing, Newquay were unlucky not to go into half-time ahead.

The only disappointing experience of the first half actually had nothing to with what was happening on the pitch. With the new Respect campaign being branded around the footballing world, I was horrified that a certain gentleman sat in the stands surrounded by local kids orchestrating abuse, not only to the Wadebridge players but also to the officials.

It was like these boys idolised this gentleman. With every decision made by the officials, he would voice his unwanted and more often than not stupid opinion. i'm sure this gentleman is very passionate about Newquay football club but what example is he really setting to these naive youngster?

After my negative first-half experience I decided to move to other side of the ground, which was a far more pleasant experience. To be honest the second half was a bit of a bore with neither side stamping their authority on the half. Newquay hit the bar (again) and Wadebridge had a couple of chances but were unable to test the keeper.

In extra time the game became more open with tired legs evident. Unfortunately the game was always going to be settled by a refereeing decision, although it was definitely a penalty because if the defender made the same challenge anywhere else on the pitch a freekick would be given however soft it may seem.

Newquay should take lots of positives from their performance and I was really impressed with their skipper who scored a screamer first half. Wadebridge will also be pleased as they played far from potential and still managed to win the game.

I wish Newquay football club all the best for the season although they do need to sort out that certain gentleman because he is tarnishing your good reputation.

UP THE BRIDGE!

Guest Peppermint

Observations on the posts so far. Local boy from St Ives seems to be waging his one man war against Newquay so it is probably best to ignore that!

Secondly Doddsy comments - what on earth do you mean about the usual difficult playing conditions statement? I thought that the playing surface at Mount Wise has improved no end so why that statement!

I am surewe all had different views of the penalty in extra time but that is football. The referee,as usual, seem to want to be the centre of attention and the best referees in my opinion are the ones you seldom notice. Speaking to people from both sides of the fence after the match - no one seemed impressed with the officials.

Finally well done to Winno and Jim and the players who did the Club proud. Shaun Middleton was simply outstanding and led by example.

Well done to Wadebridge Town and good luck in the next round and for the rest of the season. It is a great club run by dedicated people who it is always a pleasure to discuss football with after matches.

F.A.Vase Attendances-

Penzance 175 (the 5th.highest of the round)

Saltash U.141

Newquay..120

Porthleven.96

Penryn Ath.64

Bishop Sut.44 v Bodmin

Minehead..43 v Launceston

Newton Abbot 42 v Budleigh Salterton (played at Dawlish Wednesday)

These figures I presume are for paying supporters-not home/away club officials

I have noticed how the crowd swells after half time at Bickland Park.

Why not charge half price for half a game-I bet I couldn't stroll into Home Park at half time.

Guest Peppermint

Stuart - sorry about the wind but unfortunately that is a fact at Mount Wise. I supposed I was being defensive about the pitch and it is nice to know that it is improving and that it is money well spent.

Well done on Saturday and the very best of luck for the next round and the rest of the season.

I look forward to meeting you again when I visit Wadebridge to report on a game later in the season.

Regards Graham