Cornwall Football Forum

Dobwalls 8 Vospers 0

Vospers looked like giving Dobwalls a good game for the first fifteen minutes until two quick goals saw their heads drop.

Stewart Dunn opened the account for the hosts when he ran on to a through ball to fire past Paul Pethick.

Martin Hake headed home from close range from a corner shortly after to demoralise the basement club further.

Before the break the Lantoom park outfit went further ahead when Dunn beat a defender and the keeper to the ball to slide it into the open goal.

Dobwalls totally dominated the second half and the score could have been a lot worse if it were not for Paul Pethick making some crucial saves.Martin Hake scored a screamer from the edge of the box just after the restart and skipper Steve Tapper scored his first of the season to make it five.

Dunn chipped the the advancing keeper to complete his hatrick and Martin Hake scored two more to bring his personal tally to four which finalised the scoring.

This was an outstanding display of passing football by Dobwalls despite resting Jack Bartlett and Danny Murdoch who have been influential for most of the season.

With some unexpected results in the league the quest for honours is heating up with only a few points seperating the top 6 or 7 clubs.

Vospers must be congratulated for giving their all for the full ninety minutes despite been put under the cosh for long spells.

Hi Gooner - I see you made this game - you will have to introduce yourself to me sometime - thanks for doing the report this week - fair appraisal of the game and yes it was a continuation of the recent good form from Dobwalls which Vospers felt the full force off.....12 points and 21 goals scored for 1 conceded in the last four games - let us hope it continues as it is good to see a club with no budget producing the goods and such a great atmosphere and good people throughout to go with it even Souey who I am told followed his incredible miss in front of an open goal by using up virtually all the hot shower water along with the other two substituted players before the other guys got in at the end!!!!!!.

This Saturday its away to old ECPL rivals PROBUS n the Cornwall Senior Cup - 2PM KICK OFF - extra time if necessary.

Have it on very good authority that it was souey who used up all the hot water thats why thay kept him on for the whole game at Probus last week either that or lock the changing rooms and as for the miss - Jeff asked me to mention that seeing that he was stitched up over giving away the penalty at Moushole the previous week when it was in fact Souey!!!!!