Cornwall Football Forum

St Stephens 3v2 St Blazey.

Guest crosser

Another point - on the Peninsula League Forum somone states that St Stephens Borough will soon be in the CSWPL - Phil Hiscox has replied stating that no way would they be allowed in the league with the present pitch.

hmm Phil has answered the same question twice with different answers (not having a go phil honest)

Plastic / 3 G pitches are not allowed under SWP league rules.
he replies to your question and
Any request for a plastic pitch at this time would be met with a polite but very firm, "No Thank You"
to mine.

Boro's main problem (apart from the pitch) is the rest of the set up, I did ask phil what would happen if a club with the required ground gradings applied for the league with a 3g pitch and got the no thank you line. But i'm not sure how they could stop it with if it met FIFA standard its a strange one. As i said on the cswpl site England had to play a euro qualifier, the under 17's world championship has been played on 3g and there is another club in the football pyramid that plays on 3g, the FA will allow FA cup ties to be played on it in the qualifying rounds but not from the 1st round proper.

Now you either allow competitive football to be played on 3g or you don't, you can't have this mismash of rules thats what makes it a joke

:Santa:

Ok you budding officials IS IT IN OR IS IT OUT.

And who is the player?

We all know that it is all the ball over all of the line So is the ball in or out. Its close but assuming the ball was stationary is it in or out?

ECPL

As has been said already, your picture does not prove if the ball is in or out of play. It does appear to be in at this moment in time, but does not show directional movement of ball, point of contact with player or even when the assistant raised his flag. A video would be the only way to prove if it went out or not, & the camera angle would need to be looking straight down the line, unlike the angle you have.

However, there may actually be legal issues surrounding the placing of a video, or even this picture, showing a minor on the internet. The Assistant is 17.

I would also like to thank you for your criticism of this young Assistant. Very consructive!! At his age of 17, currently a level 6 referee, he is going to be absolutely perfect with every decision that he makes. - Just like they do at Premiership & higher levels too!

Not only do us referees receive abuse during a match, & after sometimes, we can get slated in the papers, on the radio & on forums, but now we have to put up with photographs you claim prove how crap we are put on!! Refereeing can at times be hard enough without a prat like you ranting on & adding photographs to try to prove a point on one decision made.

Is it any wonder there are shortages!?

parkway reserves won 6-2 on that surface so why shouldnt yo have done the same. that is if we are talking about st stephens borough not st stephen!

Don't think that anyone is doubting the result of the game, just the strangeness of what for me would feel like playing in a school playground.

yes your right its not a nice place to play your football but it is flat!!!! :lol:

Guest plainmoor

I can agree to a certain extent the remarks about the pitch but when both sides use the suirface regularly then taking that into acoount St Blazey shouild have won by a country mile. That was not the case as despite their huffing and puffing St Blazey quite frankly were not good enough.

Now here is a question for the referees. I am not going to say whether he was right or wrong to send off Maddision but what I saw was some good honest thumping tackles which is all part of the game and in a cup tie between a top side and a minnow is always going to have those types of full blooded tackles. As soon as players went flying through the air after a tackle - many of which were good challenges the referee came flying over to either admonish or card the alleged offender.

My question is does a referee take the conditions ie an artificial pitch into consoderation when what looked good challenges on grass was not acceptable to him on an artificial pitch?.

And what on earth was that little boy linesman on the side opposite the main crowd doing when he had the St Blazey NO 7 cautioned for words he said to him. There was a small group of people standing no more than five yards away from the so called incident which none of us heard. For goodness sake officials get a life. Its all part of the game. Its the old word commonsense which has almost dissapeared. If officials keep doing this then we will not have a game to enjoy watching or play in. His offside decision appeared to be wrong and the player reacted with what must have been a frustration comment. So what! get on with the game If all the linesman has to do is cover up his mistakes by getting players cautioned then what is the point. All he had to say was 'cut it out No.7 and that is that and got on with the game. But no he waves his flag furiously and the player is cautiined. Obviously if the player had persisted then he should be cautioned My plea is please officials use your commonsense or are officials just following the laws of the game blind and not using the unwritten law commonsense.

I only saw the second half so I have no idea what happened in the first. Likewise in the St Dominick v Newquay match Everyone was dumbfounded when a Newquay player was cautioned for what must have been one of the best tackles in the match. I cannot comment on the 2 second half sendings off because I was not there. The sending off of the Newquay player for handball at the start of the game was a judgement call by the referee because the player stopped the ball entering the net. The referee did delay stopping the game because a St Dominick player had a chance to score but he hit a post. In my view excellent refereeing. It was just unfortunate that it happened at the beginning of the match and the referee didn't have any option but to send the guy off.

People may ask why I get annoyed. It is not for my benefit but for the good of the game which we all love.

I'm sure B Manning will be the first to reply with his usual 100% backing of all match officials and say rules is rules.

Sometimes I can't quite believe the rubbish I read from you ECPL.......

.....above as highlighted in purple, it was only 3 weeks or so ago that you lamblasted a referee for doing exactly the same thing, waiting to see if a goal was scored before blowing up to award a penalty and send a defender off that had made the bad tackle in the first place, a goal was scored if I remembered rightly? I recall that you said he looked liked a 'rabbit caught in the headlights', yet the same thing happens on saturday and you call it excellent refereeing, sometimes you beggar belief.

As your last line quotes 'rules is rules' well in the incident you highlighted it doesn't appear to be, it seems that you and your vast array of knowledge has missed the point (and don't know the rules) that a player who handballs on the line can only be sent off if............'he denies a goal scoring oppotunity' it is quite simple that in this case he did not stop a goal scoring oppotunity as a player had an effort at goal, which struck a post!

As a goal scoring oppotunity had not been denied the player should not have been sent off, the referee as well as YOU got that one completly wrong and I feel there is a strong case for apealling against the decission.

If you are going to write things on here or in your column then please be factual and correct then you may just earn the respect that you crave.

If I remember from the last post, you posted that would no longer be posting on that subject because you were losing the argument, I do hope you will not take the same course of action over this faux pas of yours on this subject?

Regards

Len

However, there may actually be legal issues surrounding the placing of a video, or even this picture, showing a minor on the internet. The Assistant is 17.

I would also like to thank you for your criticism of this young Assistant. Very consructive!! At his age of 17, currently a level 6 referee, he is going to be absolutely perfect with every decision that he makes. - Just like they do at Premiership & higher levels too!

To avoid anyone any problems .... I've amended the photo! :D :Santa:

Guest st george9

I thought the young linseman was very good on sat and to highlight one incident is wrong...what is this ment to do to his confidence? i thought infront off a large crowd and alot of backchat from players he was very good . he was up with play and strong on offside decision not looking at his ref for help... unlike some i have seen this year..

who at that age wanted to run the line in mens football?? i think we you should be pleased there are some yong refs like this in the game because without them we dont have a game :D

To avoid anyone any problems .... I've amended the photo! :D:Santa:

Dave

Many thanks for the edit! - Any chance you can change the camera angle to see if the ball was actually in or out!? :thumbsup::Santa:

to highlight one incident is wrong...what is this ment to do to his confidence? i thought infront off a large crowd and alot of backchat from players he was very good . he was up with play and strong on offside decision not looking at his ref for help... unlike some i have seen this year..

who at that age wanted to run the line in mens football?? i think we you should be pleased there are some yong refs like this in the game because without them we dont have a game :D

Not only that, this young referee is like all referees & learning every game.

The RESPECT Campaign is not about respecting the official because that person is a good official; it's about respecting that person because they are the official.

Plainmoor I have to say it but you cant help but get things wrong. Why on earth don't you read the written word before sounding off.

Now read it again. 'The sending off of the Newquay player for handball at the start of the game was a judgement call by the referee because the player stopped the ball entering the net. The referee did delay stopping the game because a St Dominick player had a chance to score but he hit a post. In my view excellent refereeing. It was just unfortunate that it happened at the beginning of the match and the referee didn't have any option but to send the guy off'.

Now you are telling me the Newquay player didn't prevent a goal and should appeal because in your words the referee got it wrong. For goodness put brain in gear before sounding off on one.

And Gary Cornish I asked a question and it produced some excellent comments including yours.

Here is my question again

'Ok you budding officials IS IT IN OR IS IT OUT.

And who is the player?

We all know that it is all the ball over all of the line So is the ball in or out. Its close but assuming the ball was stationary is it in or out?

I also asked another question and I think without checking there was only one reply.

And that question was :-

My question is does a referee take the conditions ie an artificial pitch into consoieration when what looked good challenges on grass was not acceptable to him on an artificial pitch?.

As far as the law is concerned I suggest someone looks it up. For a start I did not mention his name.

Does it mean that every single photograph that appears in the papers of a minor at a football match or any sport for that matter should be banned. Of course not. Are you saying that you have to find this lads parents to get permission again of course not. The photograph asked a question Why on earth do people not read what is written before flying off at a tangent

It is an offence when a childs name is used without the permission of the parents or guardian. Anyone know where this lads parents were. We have very good laws in this country to protect our children and we should all abide by them or suffer the consequences. for goodness sake this was a senior football match

Its the old word COMMONSENSE again

And Gary Cornish I asked a question and it produced some excellent comments including yours.

Here is my question again

'Ok you budding officials IS IT IN OR IS IT OUT.

And who is the player?

I also asked another question and I think without checking there was only one reply.

And that question was :-

My question is does a referee take the conditions ie an artificial pitch into consoieration when what looked good challenges on grass was not acceptable to him on an artificial pitch?.

As far as the law is concerned I suggest someone looks it up. For a start I did not mention his name.

Does it mean that every single photograph that appears in the papers of a minor at a football match or any sport for that matter should be banned. Of course not. Are you saying that you have to find this lads parents to get permission again of course not. The photograph asked a question Why on earth do people not read what is written before flying off at a tangent

It is an offence when a childs name is used without the permission of the parents or guardian. Anyone know where this lads parents were. We have very good laws in this country to protect our children and we should all abide by them or suffer the consequences. for goodness sake this was a senior football match

Its the old word COMMONSENSE again

ECPL

You will find that I have answered the first question, & your picture is inconclusive. The second question about the player; I do not know, or care to know the name of.

Your third question about challenges, I do not choose to give you my opinion on.

Regarding the law, I said there MAY be legal issues; I never stated there was or there wasn't, but I am glad that it has been edited so that the issues surrounding this picture is not thrown back in this referees face at a later date which it no doubt would be by some nice player.

Commonsense is the word - he's young, inexperienced but learning all the time, enthusiastic, has good days as well as bad days & is very entusiastic. Commonsense should say to an ex referee that instead of getting torn to shreds on the internet by you, that this young official is given support & guidance to help him improve. In your early years of refereeing you was of course so brilliant - Shame we don't all live up to that same top standard!

I'm glad you all agree because the lino gave the ball out because he anticipated wrongly that the ball was going out of play as the ball ran along the line. And yes it is Joe Carey.

The prize. Now lets think.

For getting the ball in or out question right - A free course on how to raise your flag and wave it in the correct manner when you want the refereee to know you are in need of a comfort break.

And for getting the player right - A whoopy cushion for all St Blazey players to sit on when the manager wants to give them a pep talk about playing on plastic.

So you wasn't slating the official there then ECPL?

As for the Maddison double yellow/red card(s). Being within a few feet of both "tackles" there was genuine belief from quite a few around touchline that Maddison never touched Number 2 on either tackle !!! Should No2 be nominated for this year's Oscar Performance ??

Are you having a laugh MR Green eyes?? both "tackles" were flying through the air, two footed, intentionally tyring to hurt number two...and succeeding! i could post photos of a swollen knee and foot and marks on the foot caused by mouldies due to the contact made.....it was deliberate both times...after seeing maddison get teasy on numerous occasions last year and put in similar "tackles" which resulted in the same result...bookings

stop blaming the pitch too.....you train on it every week.....you can slide on it..... Boro players did! maybe your boys are a little bit delicate for the 3g? the pitch favours a footballing side....ask Plym parkway....they thrashed us 6-1 by plying football...

quite frankly i expected a tougher game for boro...why you play so many long balls to miniature strikers i do not know...long ball doesnt work on the 3g pitch...gotta be playing football.

unlucky!!!

Message for Dan and Paul- doesnt it just go to show that generally as a nation we like to knock and revel in the slightest upset or downturn in fortune for Clubs at any level who have a prestigous, admired and much envied history such as St Blazey have at their level. Sad but unfortunately a true fact of life.

Let these people take comfort in the current underachievement of Cornwalls premier Football Club whilst they can, as I believe it will only be for a short term.

Yeah, move on for christs sake!! The St Stephens result is history and we have more things to worry about than a fake pitch and a dodgy result!! :blink:

What do you mean DODGY result.................... you were well and truely beaten on the day by the better team. Comments like yours just make you sound like bad losers........ oh you are already :clapper:

lets face it, results like this is why we all love to watch/play football, because the games not settled on paper so the underdog always has a chance. is this not why we follow football????

anyway st blazey ARE one of the biggest clubs in cornwall and with all that they have at their disposal will come through their recent poor form.

Villians....what are you on about about!!! :lol:

Paul, your the one that cant let it go........ you got to have the last word............

QUOTE(Paul @ Dec 9 2008, 11:43 PM)

Yeah, move on for christs sake!! The St Stephens result is history and we have more things to worry about than a fake pitch and a dodgy result!!

like you said YOU have got to move on..........

Come on lads, this subject has been done to death. Good luck to St Stephens Borough, who capitalised on an inept performance from St Blazey.Any cup is all about David v Goliath, though I'm not sure if we qualify for Goliath at the moment. We have done a bit ourselves in the past and revelled in the momentary glory.

I say let Borough have their turn now and let us get on with other things.

Guest bigdawg1

[u]''Boro players did! maybe your boys are a little bit delicate for the 3g?''

o dear you should really think about what u say, blazey lads a little bit 2 delicate for a 3g pitch ?? and yet there is a lad sent of for a solid sliding tackle ??, think about it