Cornwall Football Forum

Probus 0 Dobwalls 6

Good result for Dobwalls, I guess that they would like to draw Liskeard in the next round assuming that they can beat Millbrook or one of the premier sides like Saltash.

Was Pete Dillon at the game, if so can you put a match report in please as i was away.

I guess the game against St austell this week will be postponed because their senior cup game will be played this saturday.

Do Dobwalls have another fixture arranged Pete?

Yes Gooner I was there and another excellent display again from Dobwalls on a pudding of a pitch and of course expected to do well against lower league opposition they set about the task early doors and after getting the feel of the conditions went ahead on 10mins when Martyn Hake brilliantly put through by Spencer Wilson finished with aplomb and after a short period when Probus enjoyed some decent possession went close to scoring on a number of occasions before doubling the score when Barry Crane drove home sweetly on 31mins through a ruck of players.....The second half started well too for the visitors as Jeff Dillon blasted home a superb left footed effort in to the roof of the net on 48mins to afford some breathing space his defensive partner for the day in the absence of 'Spud' Davey was Nick Souness who capped a fine display in the role by scoring his first goal for Dobwalls from the penalty spot after Hake was fouled - regular taker Dan Tapper also converting successfully to make it 5-0 after a deliberate handball on the goal line by a Probus defender lead to the home side being reduced to 10 men this all happening between the 63rd and 70th mins.....thus enabling messrs Hodge and Battams to bring on the subs and for the visitors to somewhat coast the rest of the match with Jack Bartlett rounding of the scoring in the last minute....yes hopefully a good draw in the next round gooner and this Saturday it is a rearranged game at Plymstock United 2.15 k.o Dean Cross right in the centre of the village when both Jack and Spud who was sick last week are suspended and I will have to make a quick exit after the game to get to the Hawkwind concert in Falmouth after I thought I had it all made up with St.Austell away right on my doorstep!!!!